• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4 trial worked once, now crashes on startup

Jun 08, 2010 Jun 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am experiencing a bizarre problem with the trial Flash Builder 4 on Windows XP Professional: I first tried the plugin for my existing Eclipse Galileo IDE, and that worked great for a day.  The next morning I try to start up Eclipse and it crashes everytime it gets to the flashbuilder.ui module portion of loading.  I uninstalled the plugin (which fixed Eclipse so that it runs fine now) and instead downloaded the standalone Flash Builder.  It functioned perfectly for the rest of the day, but this morning it crashes immediately whenever I try to start it.  Here is the message I receive plus the error log...

"FlashBuilder.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Error Signature

AppName: flashbuilder.exe     AppVer: 0.0.0.0     ModName: updaternotifications.dll
ModVer: 1.0.0.64     Offset: 0006a8dc

error report.PNG

Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Joe,

That's a nasty problem with the original updaternotifications.dll that happens with certain machine configurations.

There's a Knowledge Base article here explaining how to remedy the problem by downloading a new version of that dll:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/845/cpsid_84586.html

We also expect to include the fixed dll in automatic updates soon.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

That's a nasty problem with the original updaternotifications.dll that happens with certain machine configurations.

There's a Knowledge Base article here explaining how to remedy the problem by downloading a new version of that dll:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/845/cpsid_84586.html

We also expect to include the fixed dll in automatic updates soon.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aha!  That article had the fix I needed.

Thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines