• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Recording

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2010 Jun 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Captivate 5 record a webinar (with voice included) that is being presented by someone

else?  Will it track mouse clicks, voice, etc???  I want to record a co-workers webinar presentation.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can Captivate record this? Yes, it's possible to achieve

Will it track mouse clicks? Yes, if you use Full Motion Recording (FMR) it will record all mouse activity. But you cannot later edit mouse movements when recording using FMR. Additionally, auto-generated Text Captions will not be possible. (These are Text Captions Captivate adds for you to describe what was clicked and what happens)

Will it record voice? Assuming it's capable of recording system sounds I'm thinking it may be. If all else fails, you could insert a small patch cable between the Speaker or Headphones out and Mic in connectors to record.

The real question is to ask if Captivate is the best tool for the job. And in most cases it isn't. FMR is an awful way to record. You will find yourself frustrated.

Captivate is all you have to work with, you could do it. But I'd be looking at different tools if this is the type of recording you wish to do. Perhaps see if whatever is being used to present the webinar has a recording feature. Many of them do.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! That answered my question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources