• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Eclipse plugin from CS5 Web Premium

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought the CS5 Web Premium, which includes Flash Builder as a stand-alone application. However I would like to use it as an Eclipse plugin. I expected a question/option related to this during the installation, but there was none. Nor can I find any separate installer for the plugin (despite the fact that such an installer is alluded to in the enclosed read-me).

So how can I obtain and install the plugin version?

-JM

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plug-in version can be downloaded from adobe.com - https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=flash_builder. Once installed it will pick up the serial key in use by CS5.

-mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was under the impression that this link only provides FB Pro, while the one included in CS5 Web Premium is FB Std. Or will the Pro version automatically revert to Std when installed under CS5 Web Premium?

-JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried installing from the file you suggested. However, this didn't pick up my CS5 serial. Nor did it accept my CS5 Web Premium serial number. When I paste it in, I get a yellow warning triangle, and the text "the serial number is not valid for this product".

So my question remains, how can I install FB4 from CS5 Web Premium into Eclipse?

-JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry that didn't work. It really should work (and does generally), so if you'll send more info, I can diagnose what's happening there.

The main clues will be in the amt3.log file, that should be available in your tmp folder. If you'll zip up that log and attach it here, I'll try to figure out what's amiss.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have unsinstalled the plugin, since it kept bothering me whenever I started Eclipse. But hopefully the info you need is still in the log file. I will try to attach the file. But I see no "Attach file" button, so I really don't know how to do it. If you can't find the file attached, its likely because I couldn't figure out how. If so, give me an email address to send it to instead.

-JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you send me a private forum message, that should allow attachments.

Thanks,

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2010 Jun 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there publicly available solution? My plugin trial has now expired and it has (minorly) broken Eclipse, taking away all my perspectives and saved options. I have just installed CS5 web premium and would prefer to minimise the number of icons on my dock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a CS5 Web Premium SN, you can enter it in the SN dialog to activate FB4 Plug-in.

After that, FB4 Plug-in will be running the Standard feature set, but if you ever want to upgrade to FB4 Premium, there's an updated KB doc here describing how to upgrade from FB4 Standard to FB4 Premium (with or without CS5 in the mix):

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/839/cpsid_83941.html

Let me know if I've misunderstood your situation there though.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but FB4 plugin said the CS5 web premium SN was invalid. I've uninstalled the plugin as I needed to use other parts of Eclipse and I'll try FB4 again later. It does appear to work with its own icon, though I haven't yet imported my projects into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you send us your amt3.log file, we can troubleshoot why it's rejecting the SN.

You can find the amt3.log in your temp folder.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but FB4 plugin said the CS5 web premium SN was invalid.

Yes, that matches my experience exactly. I just got a messag saying that the serial number was invalid. I'm very reluctant to try this again, since I suspect the results will be the same. When I attempted to install the plugin last time, it messed up my stand-alone FB installation, so I had to re-install CS5 to get back to working conditions.

I tried sending you the log file, but since I couldn't find a way to attach a file to a forum or private message, I couldn't figure out how. I'll be happy to try again if you let me know how (preferably just a regular email address to send it to).

-JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JM,

Would you send the amt3.log file as an attachment to my regular email address?

Here's the address: cagruss (at adobe dot com) - but use standard format of course. Only added the spaces and parens here to avoid address harvesters.

Thanks,

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JM,

I received your amt3.log file - thanks for sending that.

There are no errors showing in that file, but the entries are all pretty old (the last entry was May 6, 2010). Is it possible that the clock is off on that machine?

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of things we've found that can interfere with using a CS5 Suite SN with FB4 Plug-in:

- if you have multiple copies of FB4 Plug-in installed on your machine, only the first one will be able to use a Suite SN

- with some configurations, you need to have the qualifying CS5 Suite (Web Premium or Master Collection) installed on the same machine where you're running FB4 Plug-in.

To remedy the first problem, here's an approach we've found to work:

- uninstall all copies of FB4 Plug-in

- run the CS5 Clean Script, and if it finds additional copies of FB4 Plug-in, allow it to remove them. You can find the CS5 Clean Script here: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs5clean.html

- reboot before re-installing FB4 Plug-in.

After re-installing FB4 Plug-in, if you want to plug into multiple copies of eclipse on your system, you don't need to install it multiple times. Instead, just copy the link file from the dropins folder in the copy of eclipse (eclipse-host-distro) bundled with FB4 Plug-in, and paste that link file into the dropins folder of your own copy of eclipse. You can repeat this multiple times if you have more than one custom copy of eclipse to plug into.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I just got a brand new Mac, and took the opportunity to attempt installing the plug-in again. This time on a prestine Eclipse install. Both Eclipse and the plug-in installed without trouble. I can use the plug in in trial mode, so everything seems to work from a technical point of view. However, when I attempt to activate it using my CS5 web premium serial number, it again gives me the yellow triangle, and text saying "This serial number is not valid for this product".

So what am I doing wrong? I understand this is supposed to work, right? Sure, I can run FB4 as a separate Eclipse instance. But I would prefer being able to have both my Java and PHP code as well as the Flex stuff all "under one roof".

Please advise.

-JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JM,

Do you know what locale (or language) your Web Suite Premium serial number is associated with?

We've encountered problems with licenses for certain locales that are supported by WSP, but are not directly supported by FB4 Plug-in.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The programs are in English, but were bought from ther Swedish Adobe web store. Hope this answers your question. If not, how can I tell "what locale (or language) my serial number is associated with"?

BTW, what is "WSP"?

-JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris,

I could provide you with my serial number in a private email. Perhaps you can then see whether it's in the "problematic" range. You could even try installing the plugin with my serial number just as an attempt to reproduce the problem.

Please advise how to proceed.

-JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines