• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smooth Download Progress Bar?

Explorer ,
May 31, 2010 May 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get a smooth download progress display like in the AIR application download.

For both the Loader and the URLLoader class the download takes place without triggering a PROGRESS event ( polling manually gives the same result), then, after the download, the PROGRESS event dispatches in a fast short sequence and the progress bar goes from 0 to 100 in half a second.

How can I get a smooth download progress display?

Thanks,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I followed the instructions in this page

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=17_Networking_and_communications_9.html#135944

and wrote some code for downloading a file. I noticed the behaviour you mentioned(half a second instead of smooth) occurring whenever i downloaded the same file a second time. The first time download was smooth. This was in firefox. In IE, it jumped to 12 % in half a second. So I concluded it was because of the browser cache. Do u have similar behaviour or does it occur during the first download too?

Nishad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my problem is in FF where the progress event gets called once and then never again, even for 22mB file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I've used a file reference class and attached an event listener for ProgressEvent.PROGRESS to it. Can u clear the cache and see if the behaviour is repeated. Could you also let me know if you are using the URLloader class or the Filereference class the way it is detailed in the link i posted previously.

Nishad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines