Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enabling Comments in Reader Extensions not working

Level 7

I'm trying to enable commenting on form and it's not working. When I enable the rights, it shows that commenting has been enabled but when a user with Reader opens the form, commenting is disallowed. Does anyone have any insight as to why this would be happening? It's worked in the past and I'm at a loss to explain why it's no longer working.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

8 Replies

Former Community Member

Does the PDF you are trying to extend have fields on it? If so how many? Is the user opening the Reader Extended PDF inside or outsode of a browser?

Paul

Level 7

I've tried now with 3 different documents. The first 2 have roughly 60 fields each, the 3rd had just one fillable text field on it as a test. The extended form is being emailed to 2 people and they are saving it to their desktop before opening the form. I've checked the usage rights applied to the form in Reader, everything's there EXCEPT the commenting so the enabling process is working, it's just not applying the commenting as far as I can tell.

Former Community Member

Which version of Reader Extensions do you have? Also you may have a certificate that does not allow the commenting. Can you send me one of your sample forms and I will  try it on mine (just to make sure that the form is not the issue). Send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com

Paul

Level 7

Does the commenting not work with dynamic forms? It works when I put it on static forms but not dynamic. I've only used the commenting option one other time, I don't recall any restriction on the form needing to be static.

Former Community Member

Ah ...that is the issue ....no you cannot comment on a dynamic form. That is not supported.

Paul

Level 7

Ok, that's good to know. Is there a reason why this can't be done for dynamic forms or is it just a different process that isn't supported at this time?

Former Community Member

Comments need an anchor to attach the comment to. In a dynamic form the structure changes so the anchor point may not be there if the form changes hence the anchor point cannot be guaranteed.

Paul