Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import dialog box displaying off screen

Mar 21, 2008 Mar 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm in the office, I work in a dual-monitor environment. However, when working at home, I have only my laptop monitor.

If I need to import something - html file, template file, etc. - the dialog box is displaying off screen.

I've shut down and restarted, but still the same result. When I try to resize the RH window, it resizes off screen.

My display properties indicate only one monitor.

How to fix?

Thanks!
Cindy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cindy

Sounds like you need some multiple monitor managing software. Try these:

MultiMon (Free) click here
UltraMon (Paid) click here

Other than that, you can try flying blind and navigating using the keyboard or maybe bump your resolution to the highest possible setting and perhaps that will bring the dialog either partially or totally into view.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Intel Graphics Media installed. Isn't that a multiple monitor manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to right-click on the RH button in your task bar and go to Move, but that doesn't always work. I found a nifty little tool a while back called Force Window Visible. Get it here. When you run it, it gives you a list of programs. Click an item that is offscreen, and it is pushed to where you can see it.

Hope this helps,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2008 Mar 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If monitor management software isn't handy/available, you could also try Control Panel, Display, Settings, to see if you can change it back to a single monitor when you are working with just your laptop display. Don't forget to change it again when you are using more than one display again in the office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also noticing other weird things like "Manage Workspaces" dialog is too narrow to actually use (82px x 272px) and not resizable.  My Help -> "System Info" dialog is also super narrow and tall (62px x unknown(maxes out at 1200 px high screen resolution)).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp