• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Import Error. Code 31. HTTP Code 555.

New Here ,
May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the following error importing a DRM protected PDF into ADE. Adobe reader 7, on which the book was initially authorized, opens the book just fine. All firewalls are disabled.

I need to reinstall windows on my computer and need to transfer the license. Any ideas on how to fix this?

--------
Adobe DRM Error
System:  7
State:  4
Class:  15
Code:  31
Scroll below or view error.log for more details.
Your Adobe software could not be activated.
HTTP error on Adobe DRM Activator request.
Adobe DRM Activator error.
Client Code:  31 - HTTP Code:  555
Fault location:  15
--- end ---

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 16, 2010 May 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unfortunately expected - as of Dec 15th 2009 the old activation server which was used for Acrobat 7 (ACS3) was decommisioned. This server was needed to do any migrations to Digital Editions.   It is also worth noting that this was the activation server used to activate Acrobat 7, although this capability was no longer available as of April 2009, so you will not be able to activate Acrobat 7 to read that content on a new machine.

If possible you should contact the place where you purchased the content to see if you can redownload it to get it to view in Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2010 Jun 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is totally unacceptable.  Adobe has failed to honor the obligation it took on when it created it's DRM scheme.  Here we have a textbook case against any form of DRM.  Adobe took away my 'rights'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ditto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines