• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I love the new form generation stuff in FB, but some problem here

Enthusiast ,
Jun 04, 2010 Jun 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the new form generation stuff in FB and I've created a form from a create autogenerated service.

When the user fills in the form I call the method I assign it to a token in a call responder

createtbMysteryShopperResultsResult2.token = tbMysteryShopperResultsService.createtbMysteryShopperResults(tbMysteryShopperRe sults2);

The service just a void one

However if the users fills the form again and called the same service I get an error:

Item with id 'tbMysteryShopperResultsRPCDataManager:#:0' already exists.  Error on destination 'tbMysteryShopperResultsRPCDataManager'

The primary key column is auto incremented in the ms sql database so I do not understand this error?

Any advice would be great, this problem has been bugging me for days now

A lot of the code generated stuff I don't understand so I don't know where to look for errors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could u give us details about your workflow. What type of data service did you import? Was it a web service? What kind of server?

You could look into the generated source of the function and use a breakpoint to check if the error is at the client side or not.

Nishad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2011 Mar 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late response, but I think I've found a workaround, I encounter exactly the same trouble in my application, very rare trouble but more often when the application runs on touch screen. I think It's like the user double-click on the button firing the action of create item twice, in my case it should not arised because i remove the button on click but ... sometimes  it seems it should 😕 By default the RemoteObject wrapps in the DataService is in multiple mode , see concurrency in RemoteObject source :

[Inspectable(enumeration="multiple,single,last", defaultValue="multiple", category="General")]
   /**
    * Value that indicates how to handle multiple calls to the same service. The default
    * value is multiple. The following values are permitted:
    * <ul>
    * <li>multiple - Existing requests are not cancelled, and the developer is
    * responsible for ensuring the consistency of returned data by carefully
    * managing the event stream. This is the default.</li>
    * <li>single - Making only one request at a time is allowed on the method; additional requests made
    * while a request is outstanding are immediately faulted on the client and are not sent to the server.</li>
    * <li>last - Making a request causes the client to ignore a result or fault for any current outstanding request.
    * Only the result or fault for the most recent request will be dispatched on the client.
    * This may simplify event handling in the client application, but care should be taken to only use
    * this mode when results or faults for requests may be safely ignored.</li>
    * </ul>

Then I add a test in my code and the problem seems to disappear  :

if ( createPersonResult.token == null )
                            {
                                createPersonResult.token = personService.createPerson(person);
                            }

HTH,

Stephane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines