• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making the "next" button inactive until video ends

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2010 Jun 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Captive and have downloaded the trial version to test out to set up an e-learning module.  I have managed to create my first quiz and was able to get it to work fine.  I used one of the pre made templates and I inserted a flv video.  The user needs to watch the video prior to taking an exam, but the way it is set up the next button is visable and active the entire time of the video.  I discovered where you could modify the time before a button appears, but the user can get around that by hitting the pause button and waiting for the elapsed time to expire.

How do I set up the program so that the user has to watch the video in its entirety and only after the video is complete, they can proceed with the quiz.  Thanks.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, after searching and googling, I think I may have found the answer.  I found a hiding and showing action function, I  will see if I can hide the next button until the video ends, at which point it will appear.  I'll give it a shot and see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may need to make the timeline of the slide match the time of the video or create a dummy slide after the video for your button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources