• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashbuilder 4 and source control?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my work environment, we work with multiple source code branches of the same code base.

For example, we often have a private branches for ongoing development, and a trunk branch where everything is integrated. During the course of any one day, we need to switch between working on one branch or the other.

With other toolsets, this is easy - project files are checked into source control, and then checked out of whatever branch and built with no modifications.

Is there a way to do this with Flashbuilder4? The prevailing wisdom here right now is that each time I want to work with a new source code branch, I have to import files from the checked out source directory, set some project settings, and rebuild.

Is there a better way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are talking about SVN?

If so, I don't understand why you would want to import something into FB... I simply check out the appropriate branch into a new FB project, and included in that checkout are the project files, which we always commit to SVN, too.

That way I have many projects with each project being for a separate branch.

Sorry if I misunderstood you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom -

Yes, I'm talking about SVN. The questions might seem stupid since I'm just getting started with this tool.

I guess I'm missing the relationship between workspace and project.

When I checkout a new branch to the file system, and then open Flashbuilder4, the last projects that I was working on are visible.

How do I switch over to the projects that I just checked out to the file system?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm with Tom here. I don't understand your project setup in your workspace and in your repository.

Since you said you're new to Flash Builder, are you aware of Subclipse? It's a plug-in for Eclipse that integrates SVN. Here are the instructions to download and install http://blogs.adobe.com/jasonsj/2010/03/installing_subclipse_in_flash_builder_4.html.

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines