• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snippets

Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using a trial version of Robohelp 8 and I'm not quite sure how snippets work. In Help, it says that an entire topic can be used as a snippet. Does this mean that you can copy an entire topic and re-use it in another project as a snippet, or can you just save all of the content in the topic as a snippet?

Also, if you create a snippet, and use it in a different project, is it updated when you make a change to the original snippet, or does the update functionality only work within a project?

Thanks,

Bruce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Indeed you could insert the content of a topic into a Snippet. I've suggested that as a fix for some situations.

No, snippets are project specific. You can add them to the Resource Manager, but there is no automatic updating or even a notification that they have changed. That part is manual. So if you changed a snippet in one project, then updated the Resource Manager you would have to just know to open any other projects that used the same Snippet and copy it from the Resource Manager to the other projects and update their snippets.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp