• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing PPC/PPC association - PPC file disappears

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2007 Nov 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m pretty sure this question has already been posted in this forum before. But here it goes:
For some reason my PPC audio files lost their association to the PPT file. Both files exist in the same folder, and the PPC file was generated using the Presenter audio recording options in PowerPoint. However when I try to publish from PowerPoint, Presenter comes back at me saying "Cannot load recordings. Adobe Presenter cannot load the recordings for all slides. The recordings are not in the PPC file". It gives me 3 options: load the recordings again, continue without audio, and cancel. Browsing to load the file again does not work, even though I´m selecting the same PPC file. And when I cancel , the PPC file disappears, it´s simply erased from the folder.

This issue is documented by Adobe and it still shows as unresolved, has anyone had the same issue? Have you been able to resolve it?

Any help is certainly appreciated

Thanks
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I claim the problem is even worse. After this happened once, to one PPT and PPC pair, it happened again to the next PPT and PPC pair I tried. I lost 2 hours of recording work. Prior to the first occurance of the problem, I did not have problems with that second PPT and PPC pair. It's as if Presenter became totally paranoid. I fixed Presenter's total paranoia by rebooting. But I don't know how to prevent loosing the PPC file in the first place. It seems that once you get that error message, you can just kiss your PPC file good bye. So the workaround is to back-up PPT / PPC files frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2008 May 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced this problem last summer. The answer is to upgrade to v6.1. Apparently the problem stems from a conflict with Microsoft Security. I'll accept that explanation since the issue disappeared once I upgraded to v6.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2008 Jul 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to v 6.1 and last night lost the association of my ppc files to my ppt file. I see the 16 mb ppc file and it's in the same folder as the ppt file. Is there anything I can do to associate them again? I don't want to have to go back to the VP of Sales and ask him to rerecord! ..... and I failed to back up at 2 am this morning..:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2008 Jul 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our experience with Presenter 6 for nearly two years, this can happen if you move files using Windows Explorer -- the safest way we have found to move files so that the PPT and the PPC files don't lose their connection, is to save the PPT in a new location using the "File>Save As" menu within Powerpoint ... one at a time (means you can't move a folder full of presentations from one location to another, unless you first create the folder, then move files one at a time.

Cindi, for your problem, I believe that you can re-associate the .ppc with the .ppt (your mileage may vary) by carefully following the directions in the warning window when Presenter tells you it can't find the audio recordings -- you can browse to the location where the .ppc file is located, and "force" the association.

This is a known bug with version 6, we were told over a year ago, and this was supposed to be fixed in version 7. However, it appears that there is a bug with the audio synchronization if you convert a version 6 presentation to version 7, so I personally can't recommend using version 7 at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2010 Jan 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this happen today with Connect ver. 7. Here's how I solved the problem:

1. I saved the PPT presentation under a new name without audio.
  2. I located the Audio files (in the Audio subfolder with the original presentation) and moved them to a new Audio folder
  3. I listened to each audio file and renamed it with the slide number (e.g., slide1).
  4. I opened the newly saved PPT and started Presenter.
  5. I used the Audio.... import feature to import all the newly renamed audio files and match them to the appropriate slide.
  6. I saved the whole thing and then was able to successfully publish it.

Yep; it was time consuming, but better than losing hours of recording with several people!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Granted, when faced with the possibility of having to reimport all your audio can be a total pain, there's another way to approach this that can be much, much easier.

Here's how:

Open the Import Audio dialog box using Presenter's menu in PowerPoint.  Select your first slide listed in the panel and then click on the BROWSE button.  Once you find the audio files that you'll use for your course, all you have to do is select them all!  As soon as you click "okay" or "open", the net result will be that your files will all appear in the Import Audio dialog box in sequential order.

Okay, so it'll work, but let's talk about a couple of caveats, shall we?

First, it should be obvious that the naming convention of your audio files is EXTREMELY important.  For most projects, the naming convention that I use looks like this:

clientName_projectName_slide#_.wav   or put another way: rc_devPlan_slide31.wav

It doesn't matter if you use 01.wav, 02.wav, 03.wav or slide01.wav, slide02.wav, ect. Just be consistent!

Second, if you have question slides peppered throughout your deck, you may not want (or need) audio for question slides.  So how do you import multiple audio files for slides that are scattered in a deck?

Easy: just select the starting slide that you want to import audio and select the audio you need for that set....then select the next slide (in a series of slides) that you need to import audio for, and select as many wav or mp3 files you need to import in the next batch.

To help make this a bit easier, I just recorded a screencast that outlines the process, and you can see the video at 

http://screenr.com/QmU

Rob

http://www.robrode.com/yabb/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2010 Jan 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be out of the office starting 27/01/2010 and will not return until

02/02/2010.

If your matter is urgent, then please contact Emma Dawson on ext. 15832.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2010 Jan 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob, thanks for the worksound -- it saved me some anguish.  However, it was time-consuming and very annoying.

I'm trying to create several hour-long recorded presentations and I find that Presenter deletes my audio files quite frequently, and for no apparent reason.  If anyone from Adobe is reading this, I'd like to know if this problem is being addressed.  I'm currenlty using a free trial version of Presenter and it's a great product -- in theory.  If the reality of using it matched the advertised capabilities, I'd be buying several copies and recommending it to my colleagues.  As it currently stands, I'm advising people to stay well away from it!

-RW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2010 Jan 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be out of the office starting 27/01/2010 and will not return until

02/02/2010.

If your matter is urgent, then please contact Emma Dawson on ext. 15832.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing this problem. Turned out I was not enabling the Macros in the PPT. Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope guess that isnt it, just lost some more work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources