• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfselect and cfloop help

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2006 Apr 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on an event calender application. What I am trying to achieve is to have 2 drop down lists with the months of the year in them. I want the selection from the first list field to define the starting point for the second list field. For example. The first choice from the 12 months is March. So I want the second box, located on the same page, to have from March to December as options. Then there is a submit button.

Then, below, on the same page, I would like to have a dynamic calender generated for the events between the months selected from the form. I have the calender section completed using a db query to populate the table with the events.

I can get this to mostly work by having the form on one page submit to the calender on another page though I cannot get the second list field to update based on the value passed from the first list field, I would really like this to work on a single page so that the user can resubmit different date combinatons on the fly.

Any help anyone can provide me with would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out how to combine them into one page using IsDefined(Form.submit), but the form is replaced by the claender results. I would like to keep the form visible so users can make multiple selections without having to click a back button to access the form.

I also still need to figure out how to have the 2nd list field update from the results of the 1st list field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use frames or iframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a webhosting service so I am unable to use CFX tags and I would like to stay away from frames.

I sthere some other way I can accomplish this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok..i have the page working almost completely right now.

I used IsDefined("Form.Submit"> in a <CFIF> <CFELSE> statement to get the form to submit the results to the same page, then i added a second copy of the form to the top of the reselts section of the calender so that the form is always present for use on the page.

The only thing I need help with now is making the second list box update it's choices from the selection of the first list box in the same form. Any ideas?

I can post code iff it will help any, but it is getting rather lengthy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation