• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to keep captive files secure on a website?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created a Captivate interaction and I plan to post it on a website and allow customers to access it there.

I do not want anyone to be able to download my work and copy it or send it around.

Can Captivate files be downlaoded from a website?

If so, what measure can you take to prevent this?

Thanks

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do not know if this will answer your question but you'll never post a Captivate-file to a website, you'll publish a SWF-file. That means that even if one downloads the file he is not able to change anything unless he finds a way to reconvert it to perhaps a FLA-file and then edit it in Flash. I'm not aware of converters to a CP-file anywhere.

Sorry if this is not the answer you expect.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the info.

Sounds like anyone can download the SWF file and although they can't edit it easily, they would be able to view the SWF repeatedly and post it to file sharing networks.

Is there way to prevent downloading the SWF file?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I interpreted this a bit different than Lilybiri did. I figure you are talking about the SWF output file and are wanting to ensure the SWF file isn't copied or passed around.

If I'm understanding correctly, you can accomplish this using a gizmo or Widget available from the CPGuru web site. It's called DomainLock and can be viewed at the link below:

Click here to view

This would force the Captivate SWF to only be played from the web site you specify. So even if you were to obtain the SWF and copy it elsewhere, it wouldn't work because the DomainLock widget binds it to the web site you specified.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources