Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost project files

Apr 20, 2006 Apr 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello , due to a system crash of my computer I lost my robohelp project files ( and no i did not backup in time ).I do have the generated flashhelp from this project and i was wondering if it is possible to do some reverse engeneering ? Can i , starting from the output, recreate my project ? Can someone help me ?
Brgds
Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

It is possible to reverse engineer from a webhelp output or a CHM output. I don't know about FlashHelp but I can point you to a site with information about the webhelp procedure so that you can see if that will work. Click here.

I notice you say you did not backup in time. I wonder if that means you have backups and have just lost your work since a certain point? If so, you could restore that and then use Rick's method to recover just the lost changes, assuming the method does work for FlashHelp.

Rick is US based so he will not be online until later to comment on this. I'm guessing you are not US based, either that or you are working in the early hours resolving this. 🙂
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Peter , the procedure you suggest works fine 🙂 , it will certainly do the job.
Thx Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp