Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search - doesn't find the word entered, doesn't link to the word entered

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Using TCS2 on Windows 7 64-bit - linked FM file to RH. Generating WebHelp (primary layout).

The SEARCH functionality in RH doesn't seem to work terribly well and I'm wondering if I'm just missing something.

For example: I have chapters about creating a New Grant. In the search, i enter the words "new grant" >> in quotations, just like that.

Search returns any topics which have the words NEW or GRANT (I have sub-string enabled; I've tried it with and without this enabled with the same result).

In addition, in the search pannel where the name of the topics containing the words NEW or GRANT are listed, if I click on the topic name, it takes me to the start of the topic, not to the instances of the words NEW or GRANT.

I have 2 issues:

1- If I search for "new grant" I would expect to only see results with both words, not instances of new, grant, or both. Is this something missing? Or a setting?

2- If I click on the topic name in the search pane, I'd like to be taken to the location within that topic where the found instance of my search words are. Again, is this something missing or a setting?

I should note that I have heard of ZoomSearch and will read the information about it, but I'm hoping that this works within RH and without extraneous tools.

Thanks!

Adriana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2010 Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick test found the phrase searched for and ranked those topics highest.

Yes it will only open the topic but every instance of the phrase will be highlighted, assuming you have highlighting turned on.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter- Good to know that it will only open the topic. Yes, I do have highlighting turned on... so I suppose that is the best I can do on that front.

I wonder why I am not getting the phrase, but still instances of both words even when in quotation marks...

Adriana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi folks

Assuming that the topic is "long-ish" and the found term is out of view when you display the topic, it should cause the topic to display where it has been scrolled so the found terms are in view.

Thanks to John Daigle who demonstrated this in the Adobe booth while at a conference.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp