• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 - Random project crashes, is showhide_twisty.js the culprit?

Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As documented elsewhere, we're having some odd behavior with random crashes. When the problem was confined to a single project the issue seemed pretty clear. Lately, however, different writers have problems with different projects. Writer A crashes Project R, while writer B crashe Project S. Its maddening.

We'd had ehlpdhtm.js included as a baggage file for years, but I recently removed it. Now I'm wondering if showhide_twisty.js isn't a problem as well, since embedding javascript files now seems to be taboo.

Any thoughts?

.MW

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are refering to the script on my site, I have never heard from anyone saying they have had crashes linked to it.

I'm not clear how you think the existence of that file or any js file would cause RH to crash. What is linking it in your mind?

Sorry if I am missing something obvious, it's late and it has been a long day.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think thats the issue since we've used showhide_twisty.js since 2005, always as a baggage file, but I'm out of ideas as to why this is occuring.

These posts indicated part of the problem might be due to the inclusion of javascript files, and the only one we have left is showhide_twisty.js so I thought I'd ask. Now that I read more thoroughly, I see its is a different javascript file.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2551852#2551852

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the crashing there are no broken links and you have the 802 patch applied, plus you followed the instructions on my site when you applied 802, if I recall correctly.

Also you have trashed the CPD so that it rebuilds. Have you tried working with the Clear Cache option ticked so that it is always renewed on opening?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes to all of that. We even trash the local project completely and restore it from Source Control pretty frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could one of your crew work on a project on their personal PC at home for a day or two to see if they still get the crashing?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2010 Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're operating under moderately strict source control here, and all remote work is done via VPN to the computers in our cubes, so your suggestion isn't really something we can try. Once we finish our current release, I'll be making an archive outside of source control which will give me more liberty to troubleshoot. I looked again and I have broken links where files were removed but not all references (particularly index entries) were cleaned up.

Thanks again for your interest

.MW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp