Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help getting online help to jump from book to book with arrows

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2006 Apr 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can anyone explain to me how to generate my online help to be able to use the arrows (at the top of the screen, not the keyboard arrows) to jump from book and topics in book, to the next book and topics and so on throughout my entire project. Normally, I have to point my mouse on the first topic in the book and then I am able to use the arrows, but I would like to not have to use the mouse. I just want to use the arrows.
Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 19, 2006 Apr 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EEDSS

Although I'm totally unsure about what it is you are doing or trying to do, I'll take a stab in the dark here.

Assuming the arrows are already present and you are simply looking for a method to bring focus to the topic in question without clicking it, you could try configuring the topic as the default topic for your project. Then ensure you auto-synchronize it to the TOC.

Hint - to auto-synchronize to the TOC, you edit the window properties. To configure the default topic, you edit the !SSL!/Microsoft HTML Help layout properties.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2006 Apr 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The arrows I am referring to are the one that are on the help page after you've generated your project. They help you to navigate through all the topics within your books that you've created in the project. As it works now, I am able to use the arrows when I have a book opened, but I cannot use the arrow to get into the next book. I have to use my mouse and open the book, and then I can use the arrow. But some of my books have only one topic. I went to tell the user who is viewing my help project that he/she can navigate through the Help using the arrows at the top left of the Help screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2006 Apr 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am guessing that your output is WebHelp. If so, those previous/next arrow buttons are linked to a browse sequence.

You can set up a browse sequence for your whole project (all books) based on your TOC. Look up "browse sequence" in the RoboHelp online help and it will walk you through.

HTH,
Elisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp