• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flex 4 Skinning and Control Resizing

Jun 13, 2010 Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all

I have recently taken a deep dive into skinning Flex components.  All in all, I'm very happy with the improvements that have been made and feel that it is a significant step in the right direction towards encouraging uniqueness among Flex applications in the enterprise.

I have a solid handle on skinning with Flex 4 and how to leverage it but what I don't understand revolves around resizing skinned components.  As an example, let's assume I open up Photoshop and navigate to Scripts==>New Flex Skin... and then chose the ComboBox component to skin.  Let's then say that I update each of the four states of this control to look differently.  Lastly, I then export the skin from Photoshop and import it into Flash Builder 4 and apply my new style to a combo box I've dropped on my canvas.  Everything appears well - until I resize the component.  This causes the skin the ComboBox is using to visually stretch (as would be expected with the visual representation of a control being a static, embedded image).

My question is as follows:

- Is there any good way to properly handle control resizing with custom skins such that the skins don't appear stretched?

I'm hoping there is something I am missing here.  I am aware that, as an alternative to importing a custom skin image, you can use the vector art capabilities of FXG in an MXML file to do the skinning there but I'd really like to avoid having to code a custom skin when I could leverage a tool such as Illustrator or Photoshop to make it look exactly how I want.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You could use Nine slice scaling of embedded assets. Search for that in this page

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=embed_4.html#186094

Do let me know if that solves your problem.

Nishad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines