• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show all slides continuously in sequence

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2010 Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a first-time user of Captivate.  It's a great program!

My client made me a recording of screen display, with audio explanation, to show how to perform certain tasks with their program.  Captivate segmented each session into two-minute segments.  I simply want to play them all continuously in sequence, without having to press the next slide and the play button every time a slide ends.  Can anyone tell me how?

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can review it in preview mode for project, From this Slide or next 5 slides. or you could just simply publish to local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome on the forum. Can you explain a little bit more: those 'segments' are they different Captivate files, or are they indeed segments of perhaps FUll Motion Recording each on one slide. If this question is not clear, could you post a screenshot of the Timeline of a 'slide'? You cannot attach files to a posting in the forums, but you can use the small still camera in the toolbar of the postings to show a screenshot (JPEG works fine). 

How are you viewing the project: in Preview or after publishing? I'm asking this because you mention 'have to press next slide and the play button'. So I think you are talking about a published file (as SWF) in a browser window. Normally the project will continue to the next slide after having played the previous, because the normal action on exiting a slide is 'Go to the next slide'. You can check this in the Properties of the slide, you can open those properties with the right mouse click menu on the slide (be sure no object is selected).

If you could answer my questions, it will be easy to help you out.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, Lilybiri.

The slides I am referring to are the direct result of a captivate recording session, a CP file.  I checked the slide properties; "On slide exit" is indeed set to "go to next slide," but that is not what's happening.  At the end of each slide in the file, I have to click on the next slide and press the play button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again,

Please, want to help but can you answer my questions: is it while previewing or after publishing that you have to click on the Next slide button? This could mean that there is somewhere on the slide a button or a click box that is pausing the slide until the user decides to get on. Please post a screenshot of the Timeline of such a slide, then I could see if there is an interactive object on it.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources