Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text is bolded after compiling eventhough not bolded in the HTML page

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2010 Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I want to first say that this forum is great.  Being the only Robohelp user at my company, this is a great place to go to have my questions answered.  So thank you everyone!

I am using RoboHelp HTML (RH7) on Windows 7 and Windows XP.

The issue I am having is that certain pages (not all) of the help file result in bolded text – after the project has been compiled.

All the text on the page is bolded.  However, when I open the html page in MS Word (I use Word as the editor), the text is not bolded.

How do I remove this bolding?  I have tried saving the HTML as a “filtered html page” – which removes any MS Office tags, but nothing happened.  I still get bolded pages in the “CHM” file.

Thanks again!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2010 Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give me a few weeks and I might be able to think of a worse way of working than using Word as your editor from RoboHelp HTML!

When you import from Word you will find embedded style sheets and inline styling, even when you use the filter. It doesn't surprise me that the result is inconsistent and that it all looks fine in Word itself.

Is the problem consistent? In other words, is it always the same topics that turn out bold and not bold?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem occurs only on certain pages.  So for a help file, it only occurs on certain pages - and not all of the pages.

Recreating the page does not seem to correct the problem, so yes it is consistent in that way.

Many of the pages only contain text (no tables or pictures).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So import one good topic and one bad topic into a new project. Check that when you generate from that project you have the same problem. Then zip that up and send it to me. See the Contact page on my site.

Please include a link to this thread when you upload the file.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2010 Jul 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you manage to resolve this?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp