• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does CFB determine which variables are on a template?

LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2010 Jun 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G’day
Quite often (although not all the time), if one is typing some code and one wants to reference a variable, one can start typing its name, press CTRL-SPACE and CFB will show a drop-down of variables matching what’s been typed in thusfar; one can then select a variable, and CFB completes it for you.  Excellent.

Except that it seems very flaky, often not picking up some variables (but is fine with others).  I wondered if variables were only "noticed" wn the file is saved or something, or every 5min or [I dunno, they were random guesses].  I could find no rhyme or reason to it.  I could type in two <cfset> statementes:

<cfset someVar = "foo">
<cfset someOtherVar = "bar">

And someVar would be offered, but someOtherVar would not be.

Sometimes variables wouldn’t show up for a while, but later I’d notice they would be.

Weird.

What’s the mechanism in play for populating the dropdown?

--
Adam

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

No, there is nothing like variables get picked on file save or at intervals. The issue looks odd, but I could not reproduce it. Could it be happening in any specific context? Or does it happen in a blank file with only those 2 lines also?

Thanks,

Dipanwita

Adobe ColdFusion Builder Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those two lines were just for the sake of contextualising what I mean, the "live" code is in substantially bigger files (which, as per my other post, I cannot replicate here).

How did you attempt to replicate this?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation