Expand my Community achievements bar.

Why does my hyperlink change to text in ES?

Level 1

I am trying to create a PDF form in LiveCycle ES. My goal is to have a company form that Employee A can fill out in Adobe Reader, save and post to our intranet site where Employee B can retrieve it. I want Employee A to be able to copy a Google map link and paste it into the form. The Google link will change with every form she fills out. Then Employee B can open the form in Reader, click on the link and go straight to the correct map.

For the Google link, I have a text field in Rich Text. When I view the form in Preview, I am able to highlight the default text in the field ("click here"), highlight it, and right-click to insert the hyperlink. But as soon as I tab over to another field, the link changes to a non-clickable Google string of text.

It doesn't matter whether I view the form in LC PReview, or whether I save it and do the Extend Features in Adobe Reader. The link does not stay a link. I have tried making the form a static form, a dynamic form, changed every text field object I could, but I get the same result.

What am I missing?

2 Replies

Former Community Member

First thing is why are you using a Rich Text Field .....woudln't a regular field be enough? Secondly you are pasting a string that represents a link. The field onlt deals with a string and cannot actually link for you (it is a field not a link). You  could add code to the field that woudl perform the linking operation. On the click event of the field you coudl add code something like this:

//check to see if the default string is present

if (this.rawValue != "click here"){

//we have a different string present

xfa.host.gotoURL(this.rawValue)

}

Make sense?

Paul

Level 1

I am not a coder, so this doesn't help me much.