• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To create Handbooks/manuals, how can Robohelp help me?

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have employee manuals and handbooks that are all written on Microsoft Word, and I would like to make professional-looking manuals that we will eventually either post on SharePoint or possibly on our company website. We also really want to be able to have a table of contents where they can click on the topic and it will take them directly to that part of the document, much like a hyperlink, but without showing the entier document. Especially when it's in web form, it would be better to have just sections or chapters show up at one time.

I’m still very confused with all of the options on both FrameMaker and RoboHelp, and I’m not sure which application is the best one to use for what we’re trying to do. Could you shed some light on this for me?

Is it just as simple as importing the word document into RoboHelp?

Thanks again!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

In a nutshell, you may import tht content from Microsoft Word into RoboHelp HTML. From there, depending on your settings, RoboHelp will break it into individual HTML pages. You would then create a Table of Contents that points to the individual HTML pages. You might also create an Index. You would then use RoboHelp to create the output as either a CHM file (single file that works on Windows in HTML Help format. Just as you see if you summon help from Internet Explorer) WebHelp or FlashHelp (collection of web pages presented using a frameset to provide navigation in the form of a TOC/Index/Search) or AIRHelp. AIRHelp is a singular file that you distribute in much the same manner as CHM, but your user has to actually install it. Then the content is presented using the Adobe AIR viewer. AIRHelp also exists as uncompiled HTML files that are presented using the browser.

Hopefully this helps a bit... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp