• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamically-related files could not be resolved...

Community Expert ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need some help setting up Dreamweaver CS5 to work with my blog (it runs on wordpress).

I am getting this errror message:

"Dynamically-related files could not be resolved because the site definition is not correct for this server."

What settings do I need to change to manage my blog from withing Dr CS5?

I will appreciate any help.

Adobe Certified Professional
Adobe Community Professional
TOPICS
Error , Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - even on pages without any php code.  And on sites where the discovery actually works (still can't figure out what makes it work on the one site that it is working), it makes weird files that don't even exist.  For example with a simple include like:

<?php include('C:\wamp\www\soundrezn\assets\media\test.php') ?>.

on a page named "about.php"

it includes the file successfully, but then also adds a file 'about-n1m5d1qljl.php'

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.

Dreamweaver_Bug.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mattcdavis1 wrote:

it includes the file successfully, but then also adds a file 'about-n1m5d1qljl.php'

It sounds as though it's including a temporary file. Without knowing more about your setup, it's impossible to judge.

By the way, this thread should be in the Dreamweaver Application Development forum, so I'm moving it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

My setup is Windows 7 64 bit with Wamp 2.0.  I also have multiple Virtual Hosts setup.  Each site has a virtual host associated with it so that, for example, a file in my Sound Rezn site which is located at C:\wamp\www\soundrezn opens in the browser at http://soundrezn.localhost/local/mockups/home.php

The example from my previous post is from the one site where site discovery doesn't completely fail.  All the other sites I have setup result in the 'Dynamically-related files could not be resolved'' error even though I've inputted the settings in the same way as with the site that works.  I'll have to duplicate the semi-working site and start making changes one-by-one to see where the issue is.

-matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mattcdavis1 wrote:

My setup is Windows 7 64 bit with Wamp 2.0.  I also have multiple Virtual Hosts setup.

That setup should be fine. When you click the Discover link, Dreamweaver displays the following warning (unless you have selected the option to turn it off):

dynamic_warning.jpg

What this means is that Dreamweaver can find only those files that would normally be executed when the page is viewed in a browser. For example, if you include a file in a conditional statement, Dreamweaver will discover it only if the statement equates to TRUE. I have files that are included only when a form is submitted, so $_POST is not TRUE when Dreamweaver searches for them. As a result, they're not listed. If your script generates a temporary file, that's what Dreamweaver will find.

You might find it more useful to set up Site-Specific Code Hints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David -

Why the change in the way this feature works?  It never used to function "as if the file were opened in the browser" and it worked fine before.  How can I enable related files and not have DW "open" them in a browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2010 Oct 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got that problem, is there any fix?

Concise problem statement:

Using CS5 connect with Wordpress 3.0.1 and 2.7

Error found when attempted to "Discover dynamically-related files" when "Permalinks setting" is not in default "Ugly" mode.

Steps to reproduce bug:

1. Turn on Permalink setting ("Pretty Permalink") in wordpress dashboard

2. Work with DW CS5, with the localhost properly defined and appropriate "Site" defined in DW

3. Open index.php file in the "site root"

4. Click "Discover dynamically-related files..."

Results:Dynamically-related files could not be resolved because the site definition is not correct for this server

Expected results:

When I turn off "Pernalink setting" back to "Default" setting, DW has no problem and all Dynamically-related files can be found.

Remark: Pretty Permanlink function properly in wordpress links.

Is there any fix?

thanks

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to set up a testing server. Instructions for CS5 are here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/setup_php.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thank you for your help. I looked into your article from the link you provided.

However this describes how to use a testing server on a local machine.Can I use the live server to work online instead of installing XAMP on my machine?

Adobe Certified Professional
Adobe Community Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marer1976 wrote:

Can I use the live server to work online instead of installing XAMP on my machine?

I haven't tested it on a remote server, because it's generally not recommended. However, you can set up the Testing Server definition the same way using FTP. Set the Root directory to your FTP root folder, and Web URL to the URL you would use to access the site.

You can also just paste the URL of the remote site into the Address field of the Browser Navigation Bar in Live View. As I understand it, you can download the files for editing as long as you have set up the FTP details in the Site Setup dialog box. After editing them locally, you upload them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2010 May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also trying to preview using live server, and get the same error message.

Since my site is already set up in a subfolder for testing, I checked my current server as both "remore" and "testing". My settings are as follows:

Root Directory: mydomain.com/wordpress/

Web URL: http://mydomain.com/wordpress/

No luck so far. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2010 May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said before I haven't set-up a remote server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David,
I already have wordpress site installed and running on localhost. But I am not knowing how to create it in Dreamweaver, always appears the phrase "dynamically-related files could not be resolved because the site definition is not correct for this server. Retry | Setup" When I enter the site.

If I click on "live code" address appears: "http://localhost/requinte/index.php. But if I change to "http://localhost/requinte/" the site shown to me.

Would create a step-by-step images (or film)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have MAMP running on a Mac, and a fully function Drupal site, but just like Ellu, I get the error saying "dynamically-related files could not be resolved because the site definition is not correct for this server. Retry | Setup," as soon as I remove the file name from the address bar and leaving "localhost" i see the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Testing out the new Dreamweaver CS5 as well and seeing this issue. I was able to get the page to render when I loaded a server on my local machine, but I cannot get this error message to go away no matter which server I am pointed at. This is on Mac OS X 01.6.3. Latest testing is using MAMP 1.9 with Joomla 1.5.17 site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem trying to get a Drupal site installed. I'm using Drupal's multisite capability and i'm using Virtual hosts.

Here is my example site structure:

My local folder and the testing server are the same.

local: /Users/name/Sites/sites/local.example.com

url: http://local.example.com

My remote setup is as follows:

Server folder: /var/www/sites/site.example.com

url: http://site.example.com

I've tried accessing the remote server as SFTP and Local/Network and still get the error.

I've tried setting the server folder as /var/www/drupal with no success (drupal multisites point to the same folder and drupal does the negotiation to the correct folder based on the url).

Has anyone created a whitepaper on the setup process for each of the CMS's this is supposed to work on? I've seen the Lynda.com videos a few times and even those don't show the site setup process. They just show a site that has already been setup that magically works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen, if someone can make a video going through this it would help a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't think that it's an issue of setting things up right - I think it's just a bug that Adobe needs to fix.  I actually was able to get the discovery working successfully on a couple of sites, but not consistently.  I would literally copy the exact specs from a site where discovery was working, and then change only the necessary fields and it would fail.  Considering that this is one of the major new features in DW CS5, you'd think they would have beta-tested this better.  Or maybe Steve Jobs is right about the quality of their products...

I've already uninstalled my trial of CS5 until Adobe gets their act together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Well, since I already started my trial I might as well stick out the 30 days. Hopefully they will have a patch out shortly to get it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming there were beta testors for each of the supported CMS's. In other words, I'm assuming the support for these CMS's is a real, tested feature and not just a bunch of sales bullet items. Could someone please just post an example of a working server setup? I don't need (nor want!) a 7 page tutorial. Just an example of how to correctly setup the sever settings for a typical Drupal install. Wasn't there an example provided for testers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2010 May 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Promised a Youtube Tutorial Hopefully I explain everything well and not too quick I am assuming you know creating sites well I don't go I'm selected the root folder kind of thing but then again I want all to benefit so it is slow and like a 6 min video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxxy3NsDspo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the video!

Still doesn't work for an existing Wordpress site though (you're setting up a new one, which seems to work fine..*grumble;) *)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-opened it today didn't create a new site it works fine just checking do you have your MAMP or WAMP or LAMP or XAMPP or whatever you use open when you do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can confirm that your tutorial worked on MAMP running drupal 6.X. Not only that, but it worked with multisite installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines