• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing editors in RoboHelp

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2006 Apr 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is specific to the Edit With function in RoboHelp. When you right-click a topic, select Edit With, and select Microsoft Word 2003, the following message appears:

"Changing editors can cause changes to your HTML code. Do you wish to proceed?"

What does this mean? What kind of changes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The flippant answer is back up the file and try it
RH's HTML includes various RH specific tags (e.g. KADOV) and also has it's own method of applying syntax. One of my particular favourites is <span style="font-weight: bold;"> instead of <b>. Anyway, all your messgae says is that a non-RH editor won't operate in quite the same way when it generates HTML. As a result the code may cause problems. What problems, or indeed whether they will be any, depends on what you change. To be honest it will be a case of try it and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FinnLisa

Basically, you probably have RoboHelp HTML configured as the default editor. This is simply an admonishment or warning that if you edit the topic using a different editor, you might see unexpected results.

Out of curiosity, why would you want to edit using Word 2003? HTML from Word is awful.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try harder Colum. Beat this one.

<p style="font-weight: normal;"><strong style="font-weight: normal;">Field</strong></p>

I think <p>Field</p> would suffice!

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the responses. Rick, I don't really want to use Word--I'm just trying to figure out a way my reviewers can get their comments and changes back to me. And this is pretty much the answer I anticipated--I know that Word creates ugly HTML code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp