• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to disable dynamic help

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried hiding the window and resetting the prefs, getting annoyed by the gray text that pops up and I'd rather do a help search on a keystroke. Any tips on disabling the dynamic help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

They gray highlight is the mark occurrences feature. It shows all references for the selected identifier. To disable it, toggle the highlighter icon in the toolbar.

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure which gray text you're talking about. There's 2 types of "popup" help in Flash Builder (1) ASDoc tooltips and (2) Adobe Help. Neither of them have gray text. I'll assume you're talking about the ASDoc tooltips.

1) Preferences > Editors > ActionScript Code

2) Uncheck "show in text hovers"

To bring up ASDoc tooltips on demand, press F2. Alternatively, you can use the ASDoc view (Window > Show View > Other...).

Hope that's what you're looking for.

Jason San Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I'm talking about, I tried your solution and it didn't stop FB from loading the API docs/help for where my cursor was.

http://cl.ly/c2efef0ac5ede4531d23/content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you disable ASDoc content, you'll still see the signature for the identifier. I image you see something like "classification:List - spark.components.List" and it should display without documentation. You can't disable the signature tooltip.

Jason San Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm ok pretty odd you can't disable it... I assumed by the delay in the time

it is taking to load the tooltip/do the gray highlight that it is actually

doing the search behind the scenes and wanted to disable it. How can you get

rid of the gray highlight?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They gray highlight is the mark occurrences feature. It shows all references for the selected identifier. To disable it, toggle the highlighter icon in the toolbar.

Jason San Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thanks much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But before disabling it, note that it can be very handy. Specifically, in the margin on the right, "mark occurrences" will put little white dashes that show where all of the occurrences are in the current file. If you click on those little white dashes, it will take you there in the editor. I find this useful, because they are in order (of course). It is kind of like bookmarks without the effort and also like searching without the effort. Just in case anybody reading this doesn't already know that ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree, I left it on since I now know what it is for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines