make it print out larger?

I have vrsn 9.3.2

TOPICS
Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Hi flyndck74, If you have not done so as yet maybe you could try this:

In file click/tap on print, Under page sizing (or page handling) click on custom size. Adjust the percentage to the size you want (eg 300), then click/tap on print to see if that works. I hope you find this helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to the forum-what is this thing about points?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can award points to the person with the correct answer. Supposedly, people with many points are the ones that know what they're talking about. It's a newish system that a lot of us that have been around for a while don't really worry about much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under File>Print>Page scaling, set it to "fit to printable area".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2010 Jun 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that several times-no joy.

Image is about 3/3 inches-no matter what I do.

A few things come to mind.

When I had an older version of this app, I could change the scale.

Have versn. 9 now and I'm stuck with the original size.

I'll check with the sender maybe he can explain the problem.

Tried the Adobe phone help and they will be happy to work with me for $39fat chancewhat a rip off!

If I get a chance, I'll send a snail mail to Adobe and tell them what I think of Versn. 9

The forum site (forum.adobe.com) says it has a security problem and hasn't been able to accept any new posts-WTF?

Just as well-I ain't much of a forum guy anyhow.

Thanks for your help-it's time for me to move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine only say "Fit" and it doesn't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2010 Jun 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the built-in magnifier of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2010 Jun 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, you can open it with Illustrator and resize the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2010 Jun 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try zooming in on the page so it fills the screen, select the entire image with the snapshot tool, go to File>Print and be sure that selected graphic is chosen and fit to printable area is chosen.

If that doesn't work, there is something odd about that specific PDF and yes, you'll have to talk to the creator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever you wish to enlarge, scan it into your photo program. There, you can enlarge, print, do whatever you want to the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save the PDF on your Desktop (or other place where you will know where to find it); open the file with Photoshop Elements or Photoshop CC (I don't know about other photo editing software because I use only Elements and CC); Crop either the portion of the image you want, or the entire image to the dimensions you want (i.e. 8 1/2 x x 11); Re-save as a PDF. Of course, some resolution will be lost in the enlarging process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi flyndck74, If you have not done so as yet maybe you could try this:

In file click/tap on print, Under page sizing (or page handling) click on custom size. Adjust the percentage to the size you want (eg 300), then click/tap on print to see if that works. I hope you find this helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines