• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search Highlight Error

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2006 Jun 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Calvin Ly's method for highighting search using RoboHelpHTML X5. Everything works well until I get to the topic. Yes, the search words highlight but Help freezes as I get a Microsoft Internet Explorer error message. The IE error message is:

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http:/xprodapp1:9999/ptsmrhelp/PTSMR_ICMS.html

Note: PTSMR_ICMS.html is the home page.

Thank You!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with the script. Open the js file in a text editor to see what it contains. I've not seen any problems like this reported regarding the use of this script. Have you followed the instructions from my site?

I notice you have an html extension. RH uses htm and I don't know if Calvin's script will work with html. Try it in a test project using just htm files.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1)Thanks for your reply Peter. I answered your questions in << parens>> within your answer below.
2)If I cannot resolve the problem, would removing the js file allow Help to work (I know I won't get the search highlight).

Nothing to do with the script. Open the js file in a text editor to see what it contains.<<Nothing that I see but I'll look it over some more in case I missed something>> I've not seen any problems like this reported regarding the use of this script. Have you followed the instructions from my site?<<Yes>

I notice you have an html extension. RH uses htm and I don't know if Calvin's script will work with html. Try it in a test project using just htm files. <<It did not seem to make a difference>>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try moving the js file. Not sure if it will simply by-pass the highlighting or throw a wobbly because the file is missing.

I really do not think it is the js file. It is either something about the way you are implementing the method or something quite unrelated.

Try another project without the method. Same issue.

Sorry but I am now going to be away for a couple of days with little or no internet access. I'll pick up with this thread when I return unless someone else can help meantime.

Check you have followed everything exactly.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Have a great time. We'll miss you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp