• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 evaluation: Can't select bullet or numbering format

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like I must be losing my mind--haven't been able to figure this one out. I'm using an evaluation copy of RH8 (8.0.0.203) that I downloaded last week to my new Windows 7 64-bit machine. When I right click a paragraph and select Bullets and Numbering  I am unable to select any of the bullet or numbering formats on the Bullets and Numbering form. While I can see the six default numbering options (none, a,b,c; A,B,C; 1,2,3; i,ii iii; and I,II,III), I can't select any of them. The same is true when I click the Bullets tab to select a bullet format--I can see the five built-in formats, but I can't select any of them.

This occurs regardless of how I access the form and it occurs whether I'm creating a new list in a new RH8 project or updating a list in an existing (RH7) project. When I perform the equivalent steps using RH7, things work as expected--I can select any of the predefined numbering options.

Has anyone else seen this problem? or am I missing something really obvious?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Silly question here. When I look at the dialog and click an option it doesn't select visibly. But when I click OK I do note that the option I clicked has been applied.

Is this possibly the case here?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2010 Jun 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. Yes, that does appear to be the case. I can select a bullet or numbering format from the Bullets and Numbering form, and that format is indeed applied. But nothing happens on the form itself to let me know that something has been selected. I'd consider that a bug, not a design feature, especially since it worked as you'd expect in RH7.  What do I need to do to report this issue to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Kathy Maddox wrote:

...What do I need to do to report this issue to Adobe?

Unfortunately reporting to Adobe is really hard.

You open nearly any of the posts I've replied to and click the link that should appear in the signature line.

tmp1.PNG

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

duh, i missed that.  I've been happily using RH7 for the past few years and haven't visited this forum since they added that link (and improved and rearranged everything else). Bug report submitted. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp