• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE and Mac 10.6.4

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add ASCM books that I downloaded from my local library on my mac. When I double click the file or drag the file to the app, nothing is happening. I have done this several times without any problems. I tried to uninstall and reinstall ADE and still not having any luck. The only thing that I can think that is different is that I just updated my OS to 10.6.4. Is anyone else having this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2010 Jun 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I have had almost the same problem. I upgraded(?) from QS 10.4.11 to OS 10.6.4 a couple of days ago. When I try to download ADE to my Mac intel Core Duo I get an error message 2/3 of the way through the download that states "There is an error opening this document. There was a Macintosh system error (-1409)"  I have no idea what system error -1409 is, but I did get the exact same message when I attempted to download ADE while using

OS 10.4.11.

Since I received the same error messaage using either ) OS, I suspect that there is an incompatibility between ADE and the basic Mac system.

I hope someone that has some knowledge of this stuff reads and advises us if and what we should do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2010 Jul 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on an iMAC using 10.6.4 as well but I think ADE works like it should.

When I purchased a .pdf version of a book I downloaded a .acsm file instead of a .pdf file on my winXP puter. At first I was confused as to what this file was. I executed the .acsm file a couple of times (I read that Internet Explorer has issues with .acsm files) before it downloaded the .pdf version. I copied the .pdf file over to my mac. I did not want to use it on my WinXP puter. When I executed the .pdf file on my mac a message came saying something about Digital Rights Manager and do I want to install it. Safari opened and took me to the ADE site to download it. I did and it installed and opened the .pdf file. I'm sure I've registered at one point but do not remember where in the install process. Below is a site that has some good info. to help you troubleshoot issues with .acsm. I cannot say it is a mac issue cause it works on mine. Something has to be wrong with either the Install or the Registration of ADE.

http://www.powells.com/adobe_help.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines