• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing form fields based on previous choices

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2006 Apr 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have the available form fields in side a form changed based on a selection from a radio group?

Basically I want t to alter the available form fields later in the form based on the choice a user makes from a group of 3 radio buttons at the beginning of a form. Not only will the radio group choice decide what SQL table the information will be inserted into, but it will also decide which set of information they need to fill out by using cfif statements to load a different set of fields.

Thanks for any help in advance.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use two pages. Have your radio buttons on one, and the other form fields on the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I was hoping to avoid doing that.

I considered making a wizard style interface to do it with multiple steps, but when I do that and resubmit the page to itself, I lose page elements such as my nav bar and head( they ae included in all pages)

Is there some other way I can handle this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation