Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Flex Directly To JdbcService

Former Community Member

I need to have a Flex form communicate with the LC database.  I see 4 ways to make this happen.

1. Have Flex use a RemoteObject call to a custom written process that actually invokes a JDBC operation
  2. Have Flex use a RemoteObject call to a custom written process that uses the ExecuteScript activity to invoke the JDBC operation
  3. Have Flex use a RemoteObject call to a custom Java service component that invokes the JDBC operation
  4. Have Flex use a RemoteObject call to the JDBCService component directly

I have done 1, 2 & 3 and while those are fine in most cases, at some points, I find myself wanted to use (4).  Has anyone done (4)?  In theory, it shouldn't be that hard, the problem I have is that in looking at the component.xml file, it looks like it is calling special classes, such as

• com.adobe.idp.dsc.jdbc.bean.SqlStatementInfoBean
  • com.adobe.idp.dsc.jdbc.bean.XmlDocumentInfoBean

which I would need to pass as part of the parameters in the Flex RemoteObject call.  Has one anyone done this?  Where would I find these classes and how would I create them within the Flex environment so that they could be used by the JdbcService?

2 Replies

Level 10

I don't think this way is possible.

First reason is that the JdbcService doesn't have a Default Remoting Endpoint which is allows you to invoke from Flex.

Or, In case, if the service is exposed over WSDL you can still try. Currently it is not exposed over WSDL.

My opinion is to choose the option1, which is more convenient to use with external calls.

Nith