Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Macromedia Flash Player"; vs. "Flash Player?"

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2010 Jun 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new camera says

I need to download "Macromedia Flash Player": is that the same as "Flash Player?

I tried to download the new Flash Player just in case and kept getting an error.  During the download attempts it said I already had it (flash player) and asked if I wanted to rerun it.  That's what failed repeatedly.  It keep telling me I had to close "conflicting" Yahoo Messenger and Internet Explorer before it could continue.  How do I close something that isn't running?  I am "multiply" confused.  Can you advise?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player was originally developed by Macromedia.  So Adobe Flash Player = Macromedia Flash Player.

What is your OS?

What is your web browser?

What is your Flash Player version?  (See http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much.  You've already answered the most important question.  Unfortunately, I'm a relative "newby" and you'll need to be a bit more descriptive.  I don't know what OS means and I use Internet Explorer (is that a web brouser?)  I don't know how to find my current "Flash Player" because I don't know where to look.  It isn't listed under my programs.  I'm also confused because my photo program said I needed to install the Macromedia and when I tried, Adobe said I already had it; How do I verify that and find it?  Where do I look?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2010 Jun 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Internet Explorer as your web browser, then most likely your operating system (OS) is Windows.

As for your Flash Player version, the link I gave you in my first post (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html) will tell you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct; I do have Windows XP; I just didn't know what "OS" meant.  I will try the link tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thanks much and good night.

Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh crap!  I just went to check my Incredimail befoe bed and it wanted to load Adobe Flash 10. ?, so I said go ahead.  Again, it comes to a point (Just like earlier when I tried) where a box from Adobe opens and says, "the installer will automatically continue when these conflicting applications are closed".   It lists Yahoo Messenger and Internet Explorer. I have both of those, but how can I install or anything else without having my brouser open.  I do not, however, have messenger open.  Any ideas regarding this issue?  See you tomorrow. Thanks again.

Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry; back again.  I just tried to finish checking my Incredimail; THIS IS MY BUSINESS ACCOUNT!  Since I tried to load Adobe, it now would let me use incredimail again until I finish loading Flash.  I explained the issue in my previous email.  I sure hope you can help me.  I need to get into that account.  Thanks again.  I might as well go to bed now because I can't seem to accomplish anything anyway.  Besides, I seem to keep getting myself further and further into trouble.  See ya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check this topic again tomorrow; don't do anything rash until then!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So can you now tell me what version of Flash Player you have?

Or you don't have it at all?  (Check Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2010 Jun 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Been sick all day.  Still am and what to go to bed but need business site.  Did you figure out what they meant when the said I had to shut down internet explorer and yahoo messenger.  I was using explorer to download and I didn't have messenger open.  I can I install without explorer and how can I shut down either of those things when I don't even have them open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Flash Player 10 listed under "add/delete programs", but there aren't any MB listed so apparently there isn't anything there.  What I don't understand is how, if Incredimail needs Flash Player, why is it that I didn't have a problem until yesterday when I tried to install the new one.   As I recall, it seems to me I had a great deal of trouble last time I installed also.  Right now I can' get past that message to shut down explorer and messenger.  It just stops.   Help please.  You are the only person helping me.  Is there a contact number to the Adobe staff?  Thanks

Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Add/Remove Programs confirms that you have Flash Player installed, although we still don't know what version exactly.  So let's just try a complete clean install, as follows

Now open Internet Explorer and go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ - can you see the Flash animation, and a version number under it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully everything will work now, but I'm still confused.  I didn't get a chance to follow your instructions because in the process of trying to figure out how to close internet explorer and yahoo messenger without shutting down the install page; I succeded and then Incredimail popped up on the screen to "complete" the install it had been trying to do since yesterday.  As soon as  I managed to close those programs, it was all automatic.  I restarted AGAIN, just to make sure.  I went to the link you sent and it says I have:

You have version 10,1,53,64 installed

However, when I open program "add/delete" on my computer; as before, it lists the Flash Player but there aren't any MB listed like all the other programs have.  I know it's working because Incredimail came back on.  Of course,  initially I tried loading the new player because my photo program claimed it couldn't run without it.  Why would they say that if I already had it because it appears that I did until I started messing with things.  Somehow it then went away.  I'll try my photo  program again tomorrow if I can find time.  I have 2 doctor appointments. 

Thanks so much for all your help.  I hope you don't mind if I "keep you", at least until I make sure the photo program is happy with the Flash Player.  Thanks and good night

Patti   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is a browser plugin, as opposed to an executable program.  Because of this, Add/Remove Programs may not know the exact size of all components, and does therefore not list any size.

What is the photo program that claims to require Flash Player?  Do you have the exact message it gives you?  Do you also have the exact message when you try to install Flash Player again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program is "Picture Package" which is a CD that came with my Sony DV (disk type) Handycam.  I don't recall if I ever used it.  I don't recall the message and didn't get to it today as I had two doctor appointments.  Will try tomorrow and get back to you.  Thanks for hanging in.  Is your name "Jeb"? 

Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something so weird just happened that I wanted to make sure to tell you now because I will have forgotten by tomorrow.  I was trying to finish up my email work and was in the process of composing a message when everything jammed.  I ended up using the three finger salute, and strangely it showed "picture package" and "flash player" both, as running.  I haven't even gone near either of those programs today.  What the heck!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about "picture package" - is that something that is normally started at Windows startup?

Flash Player shouldn't be running by itself, unless it is something that is done by the above "picture package".  I will try to do some investigation of this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Picture package is a separate program that came with my DV Handycam and I apparently loaded to my computer a long time ago and forgot.  Yesterday when Picture Package and Flash were both running, I hadn't done anything to use or open either of them.  It was very strange.  Not going to get to anything today.  Headed to bed.  Thanks.  Talk tomorrow.  Goodnight, Jeb?

Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you actually use that SONY picture package?  If not, I suggest to uninstall it.

If yes, do you have the latest version?

P.S. my name is Pat - spelled upside-down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

It's "Windowless Flash Player" that keeps runniing on its own.  I keep having problems with things and when I resort to the 3 fingered salute, I see it running.  Also, this time; when I reopened my email, everything is so small I can't see it.  Please excuse any mispellinngs, etc.  All I have to go by is my fingers; I can't read anthing.  It's all very tiny.  Any idea how to fix that?  I know there's a size adjustment somewhere as I've done it before but it's difficult to find anything when you can't read stuff.  Please send me an answer how to adjust the print size and send it at at least 20 or more for me to be able to see it.  I hope you can read this, understand, and don't mind giving me a hand.  You are the only one I know of who can help me.  Thankks.

Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know Incredimail, and I don't know why suddenly everything is so small that you cannot read it.

I don't know how to change it back, except by doing a System Restore to a date before it started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not Incredimail; it's actually fine.  It's  my Windows Intenet Exployer which includes my Yahoo and any other file I open there.  I'll try system restore.  Where is that?  Can you read my email or is it tiny on your end also?  I know how to change the size on yahoo and I turned it to high, but it's teh Explorer not Yahoo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took forever, but the System Restore worked.  Thanks for the tip.  Will get back to you when I'm able to proceed with my initial difficulties. I'm still quite sick and heading for bed as soon as I do a quick check  on my sites.  Later!  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to go out now, but I will be back tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response but I only speak English. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines