• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

generating pdf from RoboHelp gives "macro disabled" error

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2010 Jun 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 8 -> RoboHelp HTML, and I have MS Word 2007 and "Adobe PDF Creation Add-On 9" installed.

To generate a pdf, I navigated to "Single Source Layouts" and double-clicked "Printed Documentation" (File -> Generate -> PDF should be the same), and I kept getting an error: "macros disabled. Please see printed documentation for enabling macros."

I finally went to Word 2007, pressed the "button" (upper left), selected Word Options -> Trust Center -> Trust Center settings, and selected "Enable all macros." The default setting was "Disable all macros with notification."

When I selected "Enable all macros," I could now generate a pdf - but what does enabling macros in Word have to do with generating a pdf? Maybe this has something to do with the order that Office 2007 and the "Adobe PDF Creation Add-On 9" were installed. It appears I do not have a bonafide version of Acrobat 9 installed (just Acrobat Reader 9.3), and maybe that's the problem. Thanks for any help or advice, Len

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2010 Jun 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

You wondered: ...what does enabling macros in Word have to do with generating a pdf?

When RoboHelp creates a PDF it first creates a microsoft Word document. Then it creates a PDF using the Word document. Normally the Word document is created using a special Word .DOT (template) file for mapping styles. That template file uses Word macros to work its magick.

So macros are needed because Word uses them. And to get a PDF from RoboHelp, you have to first create a Word doc.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense now. It seems to be working correctly, now that macros have been enabled.

So if you don't have MS Word installed along with Robohelp, what happens? I'm surprised to learn that MS Word is evidently required for outputting pdf.

Len

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am hereby giving the explanation for this issue with screenshots:

1. I have opened one of my RoboHELP project and right clicked on the Printed Documentation option.

1.png
  2. Here I found that the Set as Primary Layout option is disabled. Hence I clicked on Generate…
    Then the following window is displayed.
    2.png
  3. I have clicked Next.

Then the following window is displayed
3.png

4. I have selected the complete TOC and clicked Next

Then the following window is displayed
4.png

5. Again clicked Next

5.png

6. Then clicked Save and Generate.

The following window is displayed.
6.png

7. Then, I have clicked OK.

After a while the following window is displayed.
7.png

Solution

1 Open a Word document. Click File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings...

8.png

Select the Enable all macros

Now, save the document and close it.

Go to your RoboHELP source files. Now you can generate a PDF and/or a Word document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

With a Book, Magazine, Recipe Box or whatever, there can only ever be one "first page". The Primary Layout is very similar to the "first page" one would see. Because for this project you (or someone) has elected to set Printed Documentation as the Primary Layout (or first page) this is why it is unavailable to you in the context menu. If you were to right-click any of the other layouts and click the "Set as Primary Layout" option, you would then see that for Printed Documentation you would then have the option available to "Set as Primary Layout".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp