• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

debugging error message in flash builder 4

Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message I am getting is the  follows:

"Installed  Adobe Flash Player is not a debugger.

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF3d.dll

Flash  Builder cannot locate the required debugger version of Adobe Flash  Player. You might need to install the debugger version of the Flash  Player or reinstall Flash Builder."

Any help with that message? I tried  the "Download   the Windows Flash Player 10 ActiveX  control content debugger (for IE)   (EXE,  2.12 MB)" but that didn't seem to work. My version of flash for both firefox/others and internet explorer are up to date. I even uninstalled flash player and made sure to get the latest versions for both.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

-Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

NPSWF3d.dll is used by Firefox/Chrome 4.

Install the "Plugin content debugger" version: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/10/flashplayer_10_plugin_debug.exe

If you are on Chrome 5, you have to go to about:plugins and disable the bundled release flash player so that it picks up the installed debug player.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NPSWF3d.dll is used by Firefox/Chrome 4.

Install the "Plugin content debugger" version: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/10/flashplayer_10_plugin_debug.exe

If you are on Chrome 5, you have to go to about:plugins and disable the bundled release flash player so that it picks up the installed debug player.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that worked. Will that work for IE too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it wont. Check this page up.

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

There is an ActiveX control content debugger for IE.

Nishad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines