• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

compiler options for release build

Participant ,
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Ant to build a series of swfs in an Actionscript project and I want to compile them as small as possible, but I can't compile them as small using Ant and the mxml compiler as I can compiling in FB using the Release Build.  What options can I use to emulate the FB release compilation?

I use optimize=”true” and debug=”false”

I have also seen this asked here:

On: http://flex.gunua.com/?p=79 Chris asked:

Does anybody know why the swf file is bigger when compiled by Ant, as opposed to when it’s done by the Flex Builder. It is even smaller (1/2 the size) when I use the “Export Release Build” option.
I am using optimize=”true” and debug=”false” in the mxml task, but it does not seem to be enough.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

I think this should help. The -dump-config option should help you get what you want.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashbuilder/using/WSbde04e3d3e6474c4-59108b2e1215eb9d5e4-8000.html#WSbde04e3d3e6474c4-59108b2e1215eb9d5e4-7ff0

Nishad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Nishad,

I only just saw this now - but it is still useful - I hadn't thought of doing that.

At first glance it was a little disappointing - I didn't see much of interest except:

<!-- compiler.omit-trace-statements: toggle whether trace statements are omitted-->

<omit-trace-statements>true</omit-trace-statements>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines