• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displaying .ICO images in web browser

Enthusiast ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a need to display .ICO icon images within the browser. I'm finding that in MSIE they don't always work and in Firefox they display but they are very blurred. I'm wondering if anybody is aware of anything built into CF that might fix this problem? Possibly a flash component?

CF never ceases to amaze me, it always has a tag or component for every issue, but this one might be a problem!

Thanks

Mark

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACS LLC wrote:

CF never ceases to amaze me, it always has a tag or component for every issue, but this one might be a problem!

Thanks

Mark

Yeah, since CF is a server technology and "I have a need to display .ICO icon images within the browser." kind of indicates that you are dealing with a client issue.

I am fairly confidant that the <cfimage...> tag is not going to do anything with the .ico format.  At least I have never heard about it doing so.  It is possible that there is java code out there that could do something with the ico format that will make it work better.  If so, it should be pretty easy to inovke the java from within your CFML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yeah CFIMAGE would probably not work because that would then stop the rest of the HTML displaying, ummm, unless I put that area in an IFRAME, I would check but I don't think it will work,

there's some conversion issues with ICO due to multiple files, I am wondering if there is a flash component

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation