8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2014 10:44 AM by Justin Schauble RSS

PGC aspect ratio not supported

JBrown321 Community Member

I am working on a complex DVD with many timelines. Some of which are .9 and some are 1.2 widescreen PAR. All files are SD and in DV AVI format. Everything has transcoded ok, but when I go and build the DVD I get a PGC aspect ratio not supported error.  I have re-rendered the file in serveral formats from Premiere including the mpeg2DVD preset.  Why won't encore build this DVD?  What could be causing this?  Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: PGC aspect ratio not supported
          John T Smith CommunityMVP

>Some of which are .9 and some are 1.2 widescreen PAR

I have never tried to mix PARs in an Encore project

What happens if you select just one PAR, and convert the other footage in Premiere, and then use just a single PAR in Encore?

• 2. Re: PGC aspect ratio not supported
            Stan Jones CommunityMVP

The DVD spec and Encore allow mixing footage in a project.  but I agree with John's experiment to narrow this down.

Are any of your timelines mixed par within a single timeline?

What are your menus?  I wonder if mixing menu pars, or assets for motion elements, might cause problems.

What version of EN?  I wonder about mixing pre CS4 and CS4 or later pars.

• 3. Re: PGC aspect ratio not supported

The timelines are either 4:3 or 16:9. None of them are mixed within the same timeline.  All menus are 16:9.  I have tried taking out one 16:9 video at a time and it still seems to cause errors when it's building the DVd and it's starts to analize other 16:9 videos. It only happens to 16:9 1.2 PAR videos. It's also happens sometimes when I'm building real simple DVDs without any menus and it's just one timeline that's widescreen. It says that the PAR is not supported, but it is and I don't understand what could be causing this.

• 4. Re: PGC aspect ratio not supported
                Stan Jones CommunityMVP

I recall only 1 report of this particular error (pgc, par not supported).  The user was MAC, CS4, but I don't think we saw much troubleshooting.  Widescreen was at issue.

Can you describe the full, exact error message?

What is your OS?

What version of EN?

I think I would create the simple single timeline project you describe, using the widescreen assets from your current project one at a time (new project every time).  All that makes sense to me is that you have some asset that is not complying.

I might also Gspot each of the assets, looking for something that is odd.

• 5. Re: PGC aspect ratio not supported

I figured it out. Below is the error. Apparently because I made a 1 second gap at the front of my timelines it made encore give me the error. So don't add any gaps in your timelines, just make them in your rendered file.  Thanks for all the help you guys

PGC "the timeline name" has an error at 1.0010s. the aspect ratio of this file is not supported by DVD. - PGC Info: name = Timeline name, ref = Wpgc, time = 1.0010s

The 1.0010s is because there is a 1 second gap at the front of the timeline I made.

• 6. Re: PGC aspect ratio not supported
                    Stan Jones CommunityMVP

You get the detective of the day award!  Thanks for reporting.

• 7. Re: PGC aspect ratio not supported
                      the_wine_snob CommunityMVP

Even a gap of a few Audio Units can render a Timeline (no pun intended) useless. Gaps are bad, even tiny ones. The DVD and BD-specs. concentrate on Video, and it MUST be contiguous, i.e. no gaps anywhere.

Glad that you got it sorted out, and happy authoring,

Hunt

• 8. Re: PGC aspect ratio not supported
                        Justin Schauble Community Member

I've run into this problem before... the fix is to make sure your video starts on the first frame of the Encore timeline.  That works for me (after encoding the file in 6 different ways)!