Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error reading data from rhkkeyword.apj

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 7 HTML.

I think the rhkkeyword.apj file has become corrupt and now I can't open my project. Whenever I try to open the xpj file, I get the following error message:

"An error occurred while trying to read data from  <C:\RoboHelp  Projects\rhkkeyword.apj><5>."

Has anyone experienced similar problems? Is there a way of rebuilding the rhkkeyword file? Any advice on how to proceed would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance, Carol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zip up the project as it is now for safety.

Can you then substitute the file from a backup?

Maybe delete the CPD as well.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your prompt response, Peter. One of our clever IT chaps managed to rebuild the apj file, so we resurrected the project without losing anything.

All the best, Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2010 Jun 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My rhkkeyword file has corrupted itself again. I've been backing-up the file periodically, so have reopened the project using one of the backups

Can anyone shed any light on what might be causing the file to become corrupt? I don't know that anything is amiss until I build my webhelp project, so it's difficult to determine the cause. When I make changes to the index, I try to edit the keywords within the html (rather than in the index pod), because I've found this to be the safest way of ensuring the changes are saved. We have quite a large index (approximately 9000 kewords). I'd appreciate any insights anyone might have

Also, we are thinking of moving to Robo8 and have heard that the index functionality is better - does anyone know if it is more stable? I suspect it might be the size of our project that is causing the problems (approximately 5000 topics).

Thanks in advance for any help,

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RoboHelp 10, the file still gets corrupted. The data is cut of halfway.

When this happens, I do the following:

1) Close the project

2) Delete the file

3) Reopen the project

RoboHelp automatically recreates the file as soon as a new index keyword is added or one is changed.So far, I did not loose any data with this method (as far I could discover).

Note that the above works with project where the keywords are stored in the topic files.

Of course it would be better that this does not happen. I already reported this as a bug. Please do the same via

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As long as you keep the .CPD file, RoboHelp may be able to recontstruct .apj files. A word of warning: removing the CPD and .apj files will corrupt your project.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp