Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browser issues with Firefox - wrong topic is called

Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After integrating the Webhelp in the portal when I am accessing a help topic, it is always opening a wrong topic in Firefox. If the target topic that I am accessing is inside a book that has a link to the target topic, then the topic linked to the book is opening rather than the target topic. Is this bug fixed in any version? is there any fix for this issue in Robohelp 7.2?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Exactly how do you call your help? Do you call files directly, do you use map id's, of do you use some other technique?

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if Item 8 helps.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/browsers/browsers.htm

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this fix, it works but does not give a complete solution. It blocks the topic linked to the book permanently in Firefox. Is there any fix to unblock this topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I use this fix: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/596612 for context sensitive help and FF. The goal of the fix is the same as the one on Peter's site, but doesn't block the book topic for me. Can you try to see whether this works for you?

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am calling the help pages using help keys. A help key is given corresponding to each help topic, and a reference to help key is given in the jsp page for calling a required help topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp