Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp window size varies in IE and Firefox

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using RoboHelp 8 and using the CSH API to load webhelp. I've specified 800x600 dimensions in the window properties in RoboHelp and confirmed the code is referencing the correct window name. The problem is that the help window appears larger in IE7 and IE8 than it does in Firefox (version 3.6.3). The help window is largest in IE8, a little smaller in IE7, and much smaller in Firefox. I've tried specifying 800x600 dimensions, as well as percentage values with the same result.

My developer and I did a test to ensure that RoboHelp is controlling the window size (I originally thought that perhaps the code was specifying the window size). I made the dimensions much smaller in RH, and then loaded the help in both IE7/8 and FF. The window size changed accordingly in all browsers, but IE7/8 was significantly larger.

I'd like to have the help window size appear the same regardless of which browser is being used. Is this possible? If so, I'm not sure how to achieve this.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Exactly which dimensions are different? Is it the size of the entire browser window (including the toolbars, address bar, etc?) or is the document size (the content)?

The CSH in csdat_webhelp.htm/csh_robohelp.htm use the window.open command to open the help as a popup in the correct size. AFAIK, the document should take the dimensions you’ve specified. The browser then adds it’s toolbars, address bars etc. RH should disable most of the clutter, but not all browsers allow you to hide everything.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, Willam. You've helped me out a few times and I appreciate it.

The entire browser window is bigger in IE. I measured the browser windows and the entire Firefox browser window (including toolbars, etc) is 800x600 as it should be. I measured the IE8 window and the content area (right topic pane & TOC) are measuring roughly 800x600.

Is this just a matter of different browser behavior that I have no control of? It seems as though Firefox is using the 800x600 dimensions for the entire browser window, while IE8 is displaying the content area at 800x600.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I expected that the content should be 800x600 in every browser. Try the W3C Tryit in different browsers: http://www.w3schools.com/js/tryit.asp?filename=try_win_focus.

Does this show the same behaviour (different browser window sizes) as you see in the help?

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp