• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flex Builder 4 / Flex 4 issues!!

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posted the same in the Folder 'Flex', ...(received no replies though.. ..so posting here)

Project built on Flex 3 was migrated to Flex 4. Now, every time the Project is built, the 'Building workspace' turns up and the continues upto 27% and then the IDE hangs.(this % value sometimes increases to 47%)..

Now, the same project, when built on Flex3, builds super quick.

I am running Flash builder 4 on Windows XP,SP3, 2GB RAM,AMD Athlon Dual Core processer (if this helps..   )

Should i upgrade the machine??

Should i change any settings in the IDE?

Please advice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You definitely do not have to upgrade your machine.

Can you please post your Flash Builder log file as well? (In workspacedir/.metadata/.log)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anirudh - Even I face the same issues. Here is the log file of the activities once the workspace is open and the build starts. Most of the times we get Java heap space issue and we have to kill the workspace. Let me know if you need more details. Thanks.

!SESSION 2010-06-24 10:55:53.933 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_16
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2010-06-24 10:55:59.324
!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2010-06-24 10:57:44.312
!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2010-06-24 10:57:44.312
!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for CTRL+G:
Binding(CTRL+G,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.find.all.declarations.in.workspace,Find All Declarations In Workspace,
  Category(com.adobe.flexbuilder.editorcore.navigation.category,Navigation,null,true),
  LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.actions.FindAllDeclarationsAction@13478c8)),
  ,,true),null),
org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
com.adobe.flexide.editorcore.flexEditorScope,,,system)
Binding(CTRL+G,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.find.all.declarations.in.workspace,Find All Declarations In Workspace,
  Category(com.adobe.flexbuilder.editorcore.navigation.category,Navigation,null,true),
  LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.actions.FindAllDeclarationsAction@13478c8)),
  ,,true),null),
com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.context.packageexplorer,,,system)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2010-06-24 10:57:44.312
!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for CTRL+SHIFT+G:
Binding(CTRL+SHIFT+G,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.find.all.references.in.workspace,Find All References In Workspace,
  LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.actions.FindAllReferencesAction@1e59730)),
  ,,true),null),
com.adobe.flexide.editorcore.flexEditorScope,,,system)
Binding(CTRL+SHIFT+G,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.find.all.references.in.workspace,Find All References In Workspace,
  LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.actions.FindAllReferencesAction@1e59730)),
  ,,true),null),
com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.context.packageexplorer,,,system)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MageshR, your log seems fine. You say you're running out of memory, how big is your project (and dependent projects?)

Can you provide a rough time after which Builder chokes without memory?

We consider these issues to be very important to Flash Builder and any info you provide will be useful.

Meanwhile, try bumping up max heap memory in installdir/FlashBuilder.ini by replacing -Xmx512m with -Xmx760m. (We know that isn't a good solution, but it should increase Flash Builder uptime till we work out these issues.)

Cheers,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anirudh - I can try replacing the memory arguments in the .ini file as you had suggested. for the initial one or max 2 times, changes will ge build fine and fast in a min or two. But subsequent changes take a lot of time, getting struck @ 46% and will take some 6 to 10 mins or sometimes, will have to kill the FB itself. When I check task manager, the memory shoots up to >660K under those circumstances.

I'm not sure if I should change or upgrade my Flex4 compiler. My project is not big. there are no dependent projects. And we are using Cairngorm archiechture. Things to note may be font embedding in code as below

[Embed(source="/assets/fonts/Arial.ttf",mimeType="application/x-font-truetype", fontName="Arial",
   unicodeRange="U+0020-U+007F,U+00A0-U+00A3,U+00A8-U+00AB,U+00AE,U+00B4,U+00B8,U+00BB,U+00BF-U+00CF,U+00D1-U+00D6,U+00D8-U+00DC,U+00DF-U+00EF,U+00F1-U+00F6,U+00F8-U+00FC,U+00FF,U+0131,U+0152-U+0153,U+0178,U+02C6-U+02C7,U+02DA,U+02DC-U+02DD,U+2013-U+2014,U+2018-U+201A,U+201C-U+201E,U+2022,U+2026,U+2030,U+2039-U+203A,U+20AC,U+2122,U+FB01,U+FB02", embedAsCFF="true")]
   public static const Arial:Class;

Font.registerFont(Arial);

And via css file as

@font-face {
    src: url("assets/fonts/Arial.ttf");
    fontFamily: Arial;
    unicodeRange:
                       U+0020-U+007F,U+00A0-U+00A3,U+00A8-U+00AB,
                       U+00AE,U+00B4,U+00B8,U+00BB,
                       U+00BF-U+00CF,U+00D1-U+00D6,U+00D8-U+00DC,
                       U+00DF-U+00EF,U+00F1-U+00F6,U+00F8-U+00FC,
                       U+00FF,U+0131,U+0152-U+0153,U+0178,
                       U+02C6-U+02C7,U+02DA,U+02DC-U+02DD,U+2013-U+2014,
                       U+2018-U+201A,U+201C-U+201E,
                       U+2022,U+2026,U+2030,U+2039-U+203A,U+20AC,U+2122,
                       U+FB01,U+FB02;
    embedAsCFF:false;
cff:false;
  /*   advancedAntiAliasing:true; */
}

We are not sure, if any of these are causing issues, as I read somewhere that font embed can cause these issues. Let me know what other details you may need and I ll be glad to provide them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After increasing to 768M, When I check task manager, the memory shoots up to >860K  now and goes up as high as 930K. I'm not sure if this change is gonna help me, as am still seeing the slowness in build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2010 Jun 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font embedding (or using Cairngorm) would not cause a slow down of this degree.

The memory bump up was only to prevent Flash Builder from dying with an OutOfMemory exception.

Can you try out using the 4.1 SDK to see if that helps with this? (http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/DownloadFlex4 )

Note: I believe the 4.1 SDK has not been officially released. Since it is open source, we can quickly validate if your issues are sorted out in that version.

If that also doesn't help and you're willing to spare the time, we would appreciate getting a heap dump from you. Let me know and I'll post instructions on how to obtain the same.

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2010 Jun 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can certainly try with 4.1 SDK. Can you let me know how to get the heap dump and i can get that for you. We want to sort this issue ASAP as its affecting our productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use jmap or a JVM option (set it in FlashBuilder.ini) to generate the heap dump:

http://blogs.sun.com/alanb/entry/heap_dumps_are_back_with

They will be big, so we have to figure out a way to get it to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this seems to be the one for java right? will the same work for Flex as well? We tried with SDK4.1 It was ok for sometime but the problem came back again. Clean build somehow seems to work fine 80% of the times.

If you can let us know the exact command to generate the dump, we can get it done rightaway. Its affecting the producivity very badly. Pls let us know your email id and we can send it across to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more issue. The swf created out of SDK4.1 does not load on all machines / browsers. It throws error# 2032. If I revert back to SDK4.0, it loads fine. I checked the flash player version and it was the latest flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2010 Jul 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this seems to be the one for java right? will the same work for Flex as well

Flash Builder is a java program. So the methods described above will work for FB also. Get the process id of Flash Builder (from task manager) and use this jmap command:

jmap -dump:file=app.bin pidofflashbuilder

(jmap is available with the JDK)

Please update to the latest Flash Builder before creating a heap dump.

4.1 has officially released (and so has Flash Builder 4.0.1). So the 2032 errors should hopefully go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the errors I get in my .log folder

!ENTRY CodeModel 2 1 2010-07-20 13:36:02.149
!MESSAGE Could not get comment
!STACK 0
java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: 0003332E
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.codemodel.internal.indices.ASDocCommentIndex.getComment(ASDocCommentIndex.java:408)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.codemodel.internal.asdoc.SWCCommentRef.resolveSWCComment(SWCCommentRef.java:114)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.codemodel.internal.asdoc.SWCCommentRef.resolveDecoratedDefinition(SWCCommentRef.java:166)
    at com.adobe.flexide.as.core.asdoc.ASDocCommentBuilder.getASDocText(ASDocCommentBuilder.java:133)
    at com.adobe.flexide.as.core.asdoc.ASDocInput.<init>(ASDocInput.java:41)
    at com.adobe.flexide.as.core.asdoc.ASDocInputFactory.build(ASDocInputFactory.java:65)
    at com.adobe.flexide.as.core.ActionScriptInfoHover.getHoverInfo2(ActionScriptInfoHover.java:100)
    at com.adobe.flexide.as.core.TextHoverChooser.getActiveHover(TextHoverChooser.java:76)
    at com.adobe.flexide.as.core.TextHoverChooser.getHoverInfo2(TextHoverChooser.java:121)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewerHoverManager$4.run(TextViewerHoverManager.java:166)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2010-07-20 14:10:12.667
!MESSAGE Warning: Detected recursive attempt by part com.adobe.flexbuilder.editors.mxml.MXMLEditor to create itself (this is probably, but not necessarily, a bug)
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.ui.PartInitException: Warning: Detected recursive attempt by part com.adobe.flexbuilder.editors.mxml.MXMLEditor to create itself (this is probably, but not necessarily, a bug)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:586)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(EditorReference.java:286)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.findEditor(EditorManager.java:403)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.findEditor(EditorManager.java:381)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.findEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2096)
    at org.eclipse.ui.ide.ResourceUtil.findEditor(ResourceUtil.java:97)
    at org.eclipse.ui.views.navigator.ResourceNavigator.linkToEditor(ResourceNavigator.java:1013)
    at org.eclipse.ui.views.navigator.ResourceNavigator$7.run(ResourceNavigator.java:491)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3855)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3476)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.block(ModalContext.java:173)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:388)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:507)
    at com.adobe.flexide.editorcore.loadservice.CodeModelProjectLoadDialog.runLoadProject(CodeModelProjectLoadDialog.java:188)
    at com.adobe.flexide.editorcore.loadservice.DefaultCMLoadService.loadProject(DefaultCMLoadService.java:52)
    at com.adobe.flexide.editorcore.loadservice.DefaultCMLoadService.loadProject(DefaultCMLoadService.java:71)
    at com.adobe.flexide.editorcore.editor.AbstractFlexDocumentProvider.connect(AbstractFlexDocumentProvider.java:106)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.mxml.editor.code.MXMLDocumentProvider.connect(MXMLDocumentProvider.java:65)
    at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.doSetInput(AbstractTextEditor.java:4134)
    at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.StatusTextEditor.doSetInput(StatusTextEditor.java:203)
    at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.doSetInput(AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.java:1413)
    at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.TextEditor.doSetInput(TextEditor.java:166)
    at com.adobe.flexide.editorcore.editor.AbstractFlexEditor.doSetInput(AbstractFlexEditor.java:1422)
    at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor$19.run(AbstractTextEditor.java:3115)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.ApplicationWindow$1.run(ApplicationWindow.java:759)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.ApplicationWindow.run(ApplicationWindow.java:756)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.run(WorkbenchWindow.java:2579)
    at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.internalInit(AbstractTextEditor.java:3133)
    at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.init(AbstractTextEditor.java:3160)
    at com.adobe.flexide.editorcore.editor.AbstractFlexEditor.init(AbstractFlexEditor.java:452)
    at com.adobe.flexide.mxml.core.editor.MXMLCoreEditor.init(MXMLCoreEditor.java:75)
    at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.addPage(MultiPageEditorPart.java:238)
    at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.addPage(MultiPageEditorPart.java:212)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.editorcore.editor.CodeAndDesignEditor.createPages(CodeAndDesignEditor.java:209)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.mxml.editor.MXMLEditor.createPages(MXMLEditor.java:217)
    at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:357)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:662)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:462)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(EditorReference.java:286)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2857)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2762)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$11(WorkbenchPage.java:2754)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$10.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2705)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2701)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2685)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2676)
    at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:651)
    at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:610)
    at org.eclipse.ui.actions.OpenFileAction.openFile(OpenFileAction.java:99)
    at org.eclipse.ui.actions.OpenSystemEditorAction.run(OpenSystemEditorAction.java:99)
    at org.eclipse.ui.views.navigator.OpenActionGroup.runDefaultAction(OpenActionGroup.java:133)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.editors.derived.ui.navigator.FlexMainActionGroup.runDefaultAction(FlexMainActionGroup.java:350)
    at org.eclipse.ui.views.navigator.ResourceNavigator.handleOpen(ResourceNavigator.java:787)
    at org.eclipse.ui.views.navigator.ResourceNavigator$6.open(ResourceNavigator.java:499)
    at org.eclipse.ui.OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper$InternalListener.open(OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper.java:48)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:842)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:888)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:48)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:840)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1101)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1205)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:264)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:258)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:298)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3880)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3473)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlexBuilderApplication.start(FlexBuilderApplication.java:109)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

And it crashes often with this

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2010-07-22 00:15:43.236
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Build Project".
!STACK 0
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ArrayList.ensureCapacity(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ArrayList.add(Unknown Source)
    at flash.swf.TagDecoder.decodeShapeRecords(TagDecoder.java:2580)
    at flash.swf.TagDecoder.decodeGlyph(TagDecoder.java:2541)
    at flash.swf.TagDecoder.decodeDefineFont2And3(TagDecoder.java:813)
    at flash.swf.TagDecoder.decodeDefineFont3(TagDecoder.java:754)
    at flash.swf.TagDecoder.decodeTag(TagDecoder.java:329)
    at flash.swf.TagDecoder.decodeTags(TagDecoder.java:183)
    at flash.swf.TagDecoder.parse(TagDecoder.java:131)
    at flex2.compiler.PersistenceStore.readAssets(PersistenceStore.java:1918)
    at flex2.compiler.PersistenceStore.readCompilationUnit(PersistenceStore.java:1856)
    at flex2.compiler.PersistenceStore.readCompilationUnits(PersistenceStore.java:1541)
    at flex2.compiler.PersistenceStore.read(PersistenceStore.java:958)
    at flex2.compiler.CompilerAPI.loadCompilationUnits(CompilerAPI.java:4844)
    at flex2.compiler.CompilerAPI.loadCompilationUnits(CompilerAPI.java:4823)
    at flex2.tools.oem.Application.loadCompilationUnits(Application.java:706)
    at flex2.tools.oem.Application.recompile(Application.java:1071)
    at flex2.tools.oem.Application.compile(Application.java:819)
    at flex2.tools.flexbuilder.BuilderApplication.compile(BuilderApplication.java:344)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASApplicationBuilder$MyBuilder.mybuild(ASApplicationBuilder.java:276)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASApplicationBuilder.build(ASApplicationBuilder.java:127)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASBuilder.build(ASBuilder.java:190)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASItemBuilder.build(ASItemBuilder.java:74)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.buildItem(FlexProjectBuilder.java:480)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.build(FlexProjectBuilder.java:306)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexIncrementalBuilder.build(FlexIncrementalBuilder.java:157)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:627)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:170)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:201)

Here the session settings

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_16
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

Pls help us.

Also often we get compilation errors indicating methods which are available, as not found. We are not sure how to overcome this as well. Pls advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Magesh,

Can you please try the compiler jars attached to https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-26366 and see if that helps with your problem?

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - It still is not helping with compilation. It is still very slow and hanging.  We do font embed and embed of images in mxml and as files. Do you think that could be causing it? If yes, how do you advice us optimizing it? Let us know if you need more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rule of thumb is: If your asset is heavy (greater than 5 - 10 KB, approx.), don't embed it. Find a way to load it at runtime - if it is an image, just point to the URL.

If you still need to embed it, then use a Runtime CSS file - put the embeds in one CSS file, right click on the CSS file and choose "Compile to SWF". More info: http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=styles_10.html

That way, every time your app recompiles, the assets don't have to be re-embedded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anirudh - Thanks for your help. I helped to solve our problem.

I have one more issue though.I am getting this warning and its not embedding the styles in the complete app vs showing them in design view.  can you give us  any solution to fix this?

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
CSS type selectors are not supported in components: 'spark.components.Label.a2'    <<filepah>>  line 0    Flex Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2010 Aug 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late response.

Have no clue about that one. You may want to start another thread on with the subject: Design view CSS type selector (or something like that).

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2010 Jun 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i get the heap dump?..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines