• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what file(s) are required to launch WebHelp?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 8 HTML, and generating WebHelp for an application that is supported on Firefox (Windows/Mac) and IE (latest versions of both).

What WebHelp output file is used to launch the help? i.e., if I press F1 or click the Help button, what file is invoked? I believe it is simply the project_name.htm, where "project_name" is the name of the project. Currently troubleshooting why help isn't being invoked. Thanks for any help,

Len

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Indeed you are correct in thinking that you would see a file named the same as your project and bearing an HTM file extension. This is also known as the "WebHelp Start Page" and is the first field listed in the dialogs when you examine WebHelp properties.

Many confuse this file with the first topic that is presented. (The Default Topic). The WebHelp start page has a different function. It sets a cascade of events in motion. The last event executed is to load the default topic into the browser.

Additionally, don't think that you can get away with delivering this single HTML file for your WebHelp. Some folks misunderstand that point as well. When you look inside the !SSL!\WebHelp folder you will see many files and folders. ALL of them need to be shipped or uploaded to the web server in order to make things work.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp