Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Applying password security & comment enable to PDF

Level 4

Hi all,

This is my second discussion reg. the livecycle PDF Generator ES.

First discussion was completed successfully with the help of "Jasmine".

We got a requirement from production team, stating that they will provide the "water marked" pdf.

They wanted back with password security and comment enable pdf.

Is this possible to do it in live cycle.

I check in livecycle they given provision only in PS to PDF not for the direct PDF.

Shaji

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You just have a coercion error which mean your using the wrong data types.

The output of the Assembler step returns an object of type AssemblerResult which you put in KGL_AssemblerResult. So far so good.

Now you need to extract the document from that AssemblerResult object.

/process_data/KGL_AssemblerResult/object/documents will return a map of the result documents (even if you just have one).

Then you can get the element you're interested in that map.

For example to get the pdf generated by the ConvertedDoc element in you ddx, your xPath expression should look like

/process_data/KGL_WaterOut = /process_data/KGL_AssemblerResult/object/documents[@id='ConvertedDoc']

Jasmin

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 8

Hi Saji;

Yes, this is possible with LiveCycle, but it takes a couple of different components:

- Adding a watermark can be done with Assembler

- Adding basic security (password) can be done with the Encryption component (under Common)

- Adding comment enablement is done with Reader Extensions, by applying a usage right.

Level 4

HI Hodmi,

Thanks for the response.

The setup has been done for comment enabled pdf & PS to PDF creation with password setting.

We have Reader Extension ES and PDF Generator ES.

You are talking about the Assembler for water marking do we need to purchase or this is inbuilt in live cycle.

Can you guide me to incorporate the Water marking process.

Shaji

Level 8

Assember comes with several products (including Generator).  Its under Common (invokeDDX).

Assembler depends on a DDX file that describes what you want to do to the file.  For example if I wanted to add a red, 72 point watermark that said Hello World then your DDX would look something like:

<DDX xmlns=”http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/”>
<PDF result=”rpt_watermarks_kpi_002.pdf” save=”Full”>
      <Watermark rotation=”45″ opacity=”50%”>
           <StyledText>
                <p font-family=”Minion Pro” color=”red”  font-size=”72pt”>Hello World</p>
           </StyledText>
      </Watermark>
      <PDF source=”doc1.source” />
</PDF>
</DDX>

Level 4

Hi Hodmi,

Thanks for the response.

In the Workbench I have added the activity Assembler 1.0 -- invokeDDX as you said.

How do I add your code to get the result.

But I am totally new to this, can you guide me how to create a watch folder and how to set the watermark.

------Question--------

1. I have image files of watermark, I need to incorporate it in PDF. (is this possible)

2. How do I add your code in Workbench to get the result.

--------------------------

If you have any documentation related to watch folder setting for watermarked pdf, please send it to me, so that I can configure.

Sorry I am totally new to this, I need to disturb you much.

Shaji

Level 8

Its rather difficult to explain over the forum, but basically the invokeDDX action takes a map of documents and the DDX file.  The key of the map matches with the source values in the DDX. For example, if I have an entry in my DDX like:  <PDF source=”doc1.source” />  then I need an entry in my Map with the key doc1.source.

You can either create the map outside of the invokeDDX operation (for example in a setValue) or you can use the operation's property sheet to enter values.

As for the DDX - if you are using ES2, then you can create one using the Document Builder by right clicking on your project and selecting New->Assembly Descriptor.

With earlier versions of the product you can create the DDX in the invokeDDX operation itself.

The following help file may clear things up:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/workbenchHelp/help.html?topic=000097&topic=000307

Level 4

Hi Hodmi,

Thanks for the response and thanks for the link.

I will get back to you if I have any issues on this.

One more question I need to ask you is reg. the PDF compare.

Comparing two PDF's is possible in LiveCycle.

Shaji

Level 4

Hi Hodmi,

Can you send me the .lca file for "Watermarking"

Level 4

Hi Hodmi,

Still I am not able to configure the "watermarking pdf".

All the PDF's were going to "failure", I am attaching herewith the screen shot and .log file for your reference.

Waiting for your valuable suggestion.

Thanks

Shaji

Level 4

Hi Hodmi,

Can you please look into this and advice.

I am waiting for your response.

Shaji

Correct answer by
Level 10

You just have a coercion error which mean your using the wrong data types.

The output of the Assembler step returns an object of type AssemblerResult which you put in KGL_AssemblerResult. So far so good.

Now you need to extract the document from that AssemblerResult object.

/process_data/KGL_AssemblerResult/object/documents will return a map of the result documents (even if you just have one).

Then you can get the element you're interested in that map.

For example to get the pdf generated by the ConvertedDoc element in you ddx, your xPath expression should look like

/process_data/KGL_WaterOut = /process_data/KGL_AssemblerResult/object/documents[@id='ConvertedDoc']

Jasmin

Level 4

Hi Jasmin,

Nice to see you once again.

The problem was solved two days back, sorry I did't get back to forum stating that solved.

As you said the problem was in the "execute" part. We have successfully created the watch folders.

Thanks for the support.

I have started one more discussion reg. the Font issue, I did't get any comment on that discussion can you please look in to that, since its a very important issues we are unable to shift the PS to PDF process to live cycle.

At present we have shifted "comment enabled" and "watermarking" to Livecycle.

Shaji