Expand my Community achievements bar.

Password settings

Level 1

Hello all,

I created a pdf form with Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2  . It works perfectly, but now I need to set a password to prevent users (from my company) to be able to read all the javascript code behind the form, for security matters. I mean, if you ever open the pdf form with LC Designer, the software has to prompt a password box for editing, otherwise the file does not open. In the same time, if you open the file with Acrobat Reader, all other functions must remain for users (printing/filling etc...).

I know this is possible, as I found some interactive pdf forms protected this way on the internet. I tried to set a password within LCD, but this locks filling.

So my question is : from which application do you set such a password : LCD or Acrobat Pro (I have the 9.0 version) ? and how do you proceed ?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Under the File/Form Properties you can choose PDF Security and set up the screen this way. You will be asked to create a password when you save the document and each time Designer opens it you will need to enter the password to gain access to it.

Image1.png

Paul

Level 1

Thank you so much Paul for replying. It works but.... it disables the "save as" function. I've been trying several options with no success so far. There must be a solution anyway ?

[Edit] My fault...I just had to return to Acrobat Pro, then extend rights for Reader.

You made my day Paul, thanks again