10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2010 1:04 AM by SG... RSS

CS5 Repuosse /OpenGL Drawing won't work?

K2Media7

I recently upgraded to Adobe PS CS5 Extended and when I try to use the

Repousse Feature it is greyed out. I've updated my drivers, and done everything I've found in my

hours of research. I've even tried turning on the OpenGL Drawing but when I do it it says that the Graphics Hardware Acceleration is unavalible.
      I'm not sure why this is either.

I came across this file someone posted than can trick it into running on something else to get it to work or something.
      I'm really not sure as to what exactly it is or does.

Anyone know how I can get the repousse feature to work?

When I try and use it it says that it's currently unavailable.

ANY HELP AT ALL WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

Thanks.

• 1. Re: CS5 Repuosse /OpenGL Drawing won't work?
          Kathleen Bjoran Community Member

Have you checked to see if your graphic card is supported for this feature?

• 2. Re: CS5 Repuosse /OpenGL Drawing won't work?
            K2Media7 Community Member

I'm not sure how I would go about doing this.

My graphics card specs are:

GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Memory clock: 100 MHz (200 MHz data rate)

Memory Interface: 32 bit

Dedicated Video Memory 64 mb
            Video BIOS version: 5.61.32.20.01

IRQ: 21
            Bus: FPCI

I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
            I know those aren't the best specs but I haven't had a problem until CS5.

• 3. Re: CS5 Repuosse /OpenGL Drawing won't work?

Check the website for your particular card and see if it's capable of graphics support for Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0

Try this: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/831/cpsid_83117.html

• 4. Re: CS5 Repuosse /OpenGL Drawing won't work?
                K2Media7 Community Member

It says:

Motherboard GPU Features and Benefits for:

• NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE and NVIDIA nForce® 430
                • NVIDIA GeForce 6100 and NVIDIA nForce 430
                • NVIDIA GeForce 6100 and NVIDIA nForce 405

Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 Support

Ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for all DirectX  9.0 applications, including Shader Model 3.0 titles.

NVIDIA® CineFX™ 3.0 Engine

Powers the next generation of cinematic realism. Full support for  Microsoft DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 enables stunning and complex  special effects. Next-generation shader architecture delivers faster and  smoother gameplay.

NVIDIA® Intellisample™ 3.0 Technology**

The industry's fastest antialiasing delivers ultra-realistic  visuals, with no jagged edges, at lightning-fast speeds. Visual quality  is taken to new heights through a new rotated grid sampling pattern.

NVIDIA® nView™ Multi-Display Technology

Advanced technology provides the ultimate in viewing flexibility  and control for multiple monitors.

Full-Speed 32-Bit Color Precision

Delivers increased image quality with no performance compromise.

NVIDIA® Digital Vibrance Control™ 3.0 Technology

Allows the user to adjust color controls digitally to compensate  for the lighting conditions of their workspace, in order to achieve  accurate, bright colors in all conditions.

OpenGL® 1.5 Optimizations and Support

Ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for all OpenGL  applications.

300 MHz RAMDAC

Blazing-fast RAMDAC supports display with high, ergonomic refresh  rates up to and including 1920x1440@75Hz.

SDVO Interface

In conjunction with SDVO to TV-Out conversion chip on the  motherboard or on the riser card in the PCI-Express slot enables analog  TV-Output. In conjunction with SDVO to DVI-Out conversion chip on the  motherboard or on the riser card in the PCI-Express slot enables DVI-Out  connectivity to flat-panel monitors.
                Feature only available for GeForce 6100/ nForce 430 and GeForce  6150SE/nForce 430 Motherboards manufactured after August 2006.

PCI Express
                Designed to run with the next-generation PCI Express bus  architecture.
                Refer to motherboard GPU technical specifications for supported  configurations.

NVIDIA nForce Storage
                Safeguards your most important digital media assets; always  reliable, scalable, and accessible. Includes NVIDIA RAID and drive  support.

NVIDIA RAID and MediaShield™ technology
                Provides a simple point and click wizard-based interface for  creating and managing multi-disk storage configurations. Allows  multi-disk designs to be set up for maximum performance (RAID 0), for  data protection (RAID 1), and for select models a combination of both  performance and protection (RAID 0+1 and RAID 5). Also allows RAID  volumes to be converted from one configuration to another with a single  operation. Uniquely allows users to assign an extra disk to any RAID  volume so that should a disk failure occur, NVIDIA RAID will  automatically remove the failed disk and replace it with the spare.

SATA 3Gb/s
                Take advantage of the latest SATA 3Gb/s hard disk drives, which  double bus bandwidth and provides blazingly high disk performance. This  technology provides easy-to-install, high-performance but low-powered  hard drives.

NVIDIA nForce Networking
                NVIDIA nForce Networking solution enables Internet connectivity  through industry standard 10/100 Mb/s Ethernet connection.

NVIDIA Native Gigabit Ethernet
                The industry's fastest Gigabit Ethernet performance eliminates  network bottlenecks and improves overall system efficiency and  performance.
                Feature only available for GeForce 6150 SE/ nForce 430, and  GeForce 6100/ nForce 430.

High Definition Audio (HDA)
                High definition audio brings consumer electronics quality sound to  the PC delivering high quality sound from multiple channels. Using HDA,  systems can deliver 192 kHz/32-bit quality for eight channels,  supporting new audio formats.

USB Ports
                A standard plug-and-play interface that provides easy-to-use  connectivity for USB devices. Supports 8 USB 1.1 / 2.0 ports.

OpenGL 2.0 Optimizations and Support
                Ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for OpenGL  applications.THIS ONE ISN"T IN THE LIST THOUGH. 1.5 is for  what I have and 2.0 is for another. So i guess i need a new one?
                What should I get?

• 5. Re: CS5 Repuosse /OpenGL Drawing won't work?

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/831/cpsid_83117.html gives you a list of supported cards. I guess you can take your pick.

• 8. Re: CS5 Repuosse /OpenGL Drawing won't work?
                    Daniel Presedo > dramenon Adobe Employee

Your graphics card only supports "Dedicated Video Memory 64 mb" this is not enough to reliably run this feature.

• 9. Re: CS5 Repuosse /OpenGL Drawing won't work?
                      jimhere Community Member

What would be an appropriate amount of memory for this?

• 10. Re: CS5 Repuosse /OpenGL Drawing won't work?
                        SG... Adobe Employee

Hi,

Minimun req. states 256MB, 512MB-1GB VRAM is better.

regards,

steve