• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player doesn't work on firefox

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player 10.1 won't install on firefox, I can get it to work on IE but everytime i try to install it on firefox it says insufficient permission, which im assuming means i need to be admin, which i am. I've tried uninstalling and installing but nothing works, I've evening tried deleting the NPSWF32.dll file, but it says i need admin, which again i am, so any help would be awesome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, first you don't want to delete the NPSWF32.dll, this is a Flash Player file for Firefox.  You need to post back your computer information, is it a 64bit system, your browser version

thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eidnolb, I am curious why it would make a difference if it is a 32 or 64 bit system if one is using Firefox. I use mainly Firefox, but often use IE on my 64 bit system. I use only the 32 bit version of IE, but Firefox is only 32 bit (as far as I know). Flash works fine on both of my 32 bit browsers. Of course, it does not work on my 64 bit IE browser. So what is the issue here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pastol2, Well the first thing when troubleshooting is to know what you are troubleshooting. Whether it is a 64bit system is important. The issue here is that he can't Install Flash Player into Firefox. So I need info.

With your 64bit system, unless you use the 32bit browser which is the default browser, you wouldn't be able to view Flash content. Which some users aren't aware of, so for me to spend time fixing "Flash Player doesn't work" the info whether they are trying to use the 64bit browser saves me time:-) In addition, the location of the files are different.

Hope that answers your questions. Users know they have a problem, but most of the time, not why. For anyone to help figure out why, we need info.

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry, my computer is a windows vista 64bit, I'm not sure what my firefox is though, so how could i find out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi A, thanks. Since you have Uninstalled and Installed we don't know what is Installed now. Is Flash Player still working properly in Internet Explorer?

By the way, what version of IE are you using?

You said you are using the Administrator account, so continue doing that for the Install.

Using Firefox do the following:

Download the Flash Player Installer for Firefox and SAVE it to your Desktop:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

Close All browsers, you only want to be looking at your Desktop. RUN the Installer and when finished, Restart your Computer.

Using FF(Firefox) go here to test:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Then, still using FF, find the plug-in SWF vs 10.1.53.64 and make sure it is Enabled.

Post back your results or if you have any questions.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Flash player is still working in IE, I tried saving it to the desktop, but it still gave me the insufficient permission error. ill put down what it says in the next post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I think that worked, flash is now on firefox, but now both IE and FF are running a bit slower, but i think i can fix that. Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi A, well that sounds good. You need to check 2 things. Using IE, go to Tools, manage add ons (all add ons) and make sure Shockwave Flash Object is listed and Enabled.

Then use FF and in the plug-ins, find SWF vs 10.1.53.64 and make sure it is Enabled.

Let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, they're both there and enabled, thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi A, ok, then you are all set!! You might mark your thread or posts as answered, as we have had more users having problems with the 10.1 and Firefox. We hardly had Flash Player problems with FF before, or at least not so many.

So thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, there is a 64 bit version of Firefox, which can be downloaded from the following address:

http://wiki.mozilla-x86-64.com/Firefox:Download

This version is usually slightly behind the 32 bit version in development (e.g. current 64 bit version is 3.6.3, whereas the current 32 bit version is 3.6.4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AMR, I don't think this is Mozilla. That site is independent of Mozilla Firefox. They do "community builds" and are a third party builder.

The last I heard there are no 64bit version of Firefox, even in beta.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2010 Jun 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While this is probably not the right forum for discussion, I do believe that Mozilla is now working on

betas of an official 64 bit release (since 3.7a5):

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla-central/

- AMR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AMR, Mozilla may very well be, but with all of the problems with their latest Firefox browser update and the issues with Flash Player 10.1 I doubt whether anyone would want to add a 64bit Firefox beta in the mix!! My opinion. Besides I wasn't aware that Mozilla Firefox (not the third party players) had any 64bit plug-ins ready. That would be the key, without the 64bit plug-ins, what good is a 64bit Firefox beta?  Just asking. I don't have time to research that, too busy with FP 10.1 and the latest Firefox browser update that appears to be conflicting.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's Firefox... I downloaded the Flash update and now it crashes all the time. Not just in Firefox but also in IE... I checked out the uninstall for flash player but the link for it is no good. Anyway to go back the the previous version of Flash player? at least with that one I had no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jay, From all of the threads I've been working on for several days, it appears it is a combination. I think too many updates came out at the same time in my opinion. If you would like to start a thread and post your computer info, then someone can take a look at the problems you are having.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you just post a good link for the uninstall for the flash player, then I would try it again. or let me know if there is a place where i can get an older version.

Thanks

this is the link that doesn't seem to be any good. http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have been so busy that it is hard to keep up:-) I'll give you a thread that I just posted the instructions for an Uninstall and Install. This is to Install Flash Player for IE & FF(Firefox) If you don't want both, use the link that you do want.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2927938#2927938

Hope this helps.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mr EIDNOLB please help me out ... i have put a new thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GAURIS, I'll look for your thread.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines