• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permission errors?

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of users having errors when trying to save files. Both are Exception errors. One says "Could not remove backup file 'c:\<path>'" and the other one says "[Permission denied]".

Both of the users migrated to Windows 7. After they transfered their data to the Windows 7 machine, the errors started.

Has anyone seen this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2010 Jun 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm aware that Windows 7 is rather persnickety about the C drive. Aside from being an overall bad move to store things directly on the root of C, it is very protective of this location.

However, having said that, I do see you also followed that with <path>, which would seem to infer that you have an actual folder off the root of C. And that should be perfectly permissable. Advisable even. That's how I work myself as well as suggesting it to class participants when I facilitate RoboHelp classes.

You might want to ensure that you have total ownership of the folder. You might want to investigate Ultimate Windows Tweaker.

Click here to view the Ultimate Windows Tweaker site

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2010 Jun 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it also be a robohelp version issue? From memory, RH8 is the first supported for Vista/Win7, so maybe if an earlier version is being usedyou might encounter problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2012 Jan 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I have the exact same issue since ugrading to Windows 7. I am using RH 9. My project is stored in a folder off the root of C.

This does not happen with every topic, and does not always happen to the same topic again.

Thanks,

Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In addition to what Rick suggests, could this be a problem with Windows' User Account Control (UAC)? You can try disabling UAC. (If your IT department allows it. It may expose your computer so do so at your own risk.) Simply moving the project to a different local drive should solve all UAC related problems.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Surely if it was a UAC problem it would happen all the time? It only happens occasionally, and not with all topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue since upgrading to Windows 7. I am using RH 9.

Have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp