• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please Help, "Where is the Debugger or Host Application Running" error

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2010 Jun 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get rid of this, i've tried everything. I've updated to the latest version, uni-installed, re-installed. Now my programs won't compile and run.

I check my flash player version using a firefox plugin https://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/ and it says im not upto date. So i click through, re-install and it says it failed. but then i go through to the next page and it says, you ahve successfully installed flash player.

i am lost. 5 hours i've been trying to sort it!

Please Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html download the uninstaller and run it.

Then install the latest debug player.

Are you using the standalone player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by the stand alone player i dont think i am using this, when i run my project on eclipse, my web browser opens (IE) and says "where is the debugger or host app running". however when i click the de-bug button in eclipse my web browser opens and my flex program works fine and allows me to debug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It asks "where is the debugger" even without you having to explicitly right click the SWF and choosing "Debugger"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2010 Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, all i did was an update prompted by flash builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update to flash player was very recently released. Please install the file below:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/10/flashplayer_10_ax_debug.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines